Aoc AG271QX

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Middleton1976, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Middleton1976

Middleton1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Aoc Agone AG271QX monitor and was hoping someone could guide me as to decent setting for use with and Xbox one s?
    I apologise if this is in the wrong topic area any mods feel free to move to the correct one if so.

2. Middleton1976

Middleton1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone could help that would be appreciated as I too could use some setting suggestions without the need for calibration.

3. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,097
    Your dependent on someone sharing their settings and seeing how they work out but that is not a guarantee they will suit your display.

Of the PC monitor review sites I'm familiar with only one reviewed it and in their Youtube video (using audio translate subs) they say the displays colours out of the box are actually decen for a TN panel. There is a built in game preset on the monitor is that what your not happy with ?

There is a review of the 24" version of the display which the reviewer does provide settings using the custom preset (see test settings section). Same goes over here on prad.de who review the monitor with some settings provided.

Brightness = 42
    Colour Temp = User
    R = 50
    G = 50
    B = 47
    Overdrive = medium
    Freesync = enabled (on Xbox this is called VRR variable refresh rate)
    If not using Freesync enable the "low input lag mode" option in monitor OSD.
    Things like DCB (dynamic colour boost and other enhancements should be left off)
    Shadow control = 50 default, lower is brighter, higher is darker, if tweaking stay in range of 40-60.

The monitor appears (unless manual is wrong) to have no HDMI black levels range setting, Xbox defaults to RGB low (16-235), PC monitors use RGB high (0-255), if everything looks right on Xbox then the monitor probably auto adjusts based on the signal but you can manually force the Xbox in its display settings to output RGB high via the colour space settings (normal/PC I think it's called).

I don't think 120hz output will work with Xbox on this monitor, manual says it's HDMI tops out at 75Hz.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  4. Middleton1976

Middleton1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply appreciate it.