AOC 2436VWA hdmi switching

nico66

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, basically I've just setup my aoc 2436vwa TFT monitor on my wall and got a media centre pc tower and an Xbox 360 slim. What my aim is to switch display on my aoc monitor to output either my pc or my Xbox 360. I have a 3-in-1 hdmi switch which has 3 inputs and an output. My monitor only has dvi and vga, but I only have enough space for 2 cables in the trunking on the wall.

So I have the dvi-hdmi cable from TFT to hdmi output switch.
Xbox 360 hdmi to hdmi input 1 on switch
Media centre pc hdmi to hdmi 2 on switch

When I try outputting either on TFT the display is all green lines and hardly see the picture in the background. I've changed hdmi cables to ones I know work but still no luck! Please advise me on how to resolve this.

Many thanks!

Have you doubled checked the switch supports the resolution in use (I'm assume either 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 on a 24") and that the HDMI>DVI cable works directly from the PC (i.e. the monitor works)?

If you can't find resolution information for the switch then try 1280x720/1366x768 and see if that works.

If anyone can explain this cause I'm stumped! :(

Manually select the pc to monitor. Switch on the monitor then the pc so that the pc, when powering up sees the monitor and should set up for it. If it doesn't, then it can't see it.

I have picture but it's green screened in trying to switch between pc and Xbox via Hdmi switch with dvi-Hdmi cable to tft

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom