AO.com. Yea or nay?

gibbsy

Solutions
Reaction score
Farewell faithful cooker, you first came into our lives at the turn of the century. Your fan has stopped turning and your oven has grown cold. It's time to retire you.

The wife has seen the cooker she wants, it's cheaper on AO with free delivery, installation and manufacturer's five year warranty. I've never used AO so I'm seeking your thoughts, good or bad.

Farewell faithful cooker, you first came into our lives at the turn of the century. Your fan has stopped turning and your oven has grown cold. It's time to retire you.

The wife has seen the cooker she wants, it's cheaper on AO with free delivery, installation and manufacturer's five year warranty. I've never used AO so I'm seeking your thoughts, good or bad.
Very good IMHO

Can't fault them , had a washer proceed to spew it's final load all over the kitchen 12 hours later had a brand new one with a nice discount, and cashback via quidco replacing it via AO.

They are the domestic appliance version of Amazon, next day delivery (including time slot) helpful drivers and great customer service. We've used them for all of our new kitchen appliances and they've been perfect, even ordered the wrong size hob, one phone call and they collected it the next day and gave our replacement at the same time + refunded the difference within 2 days.

I rate them very highly

Yer fully kitted our new house out with AO and stuck with them on my rentals. Lots of offers, cashback etc. Delivery guys wrestled a 500kg range cooker over engineered wood flooring and didn't even cause a scratch

only started using them recently but can't fault them - bought a range of goods as well

would highly recommend

Didn't this chap start off as Empire Direct back in the day?

Very good from me too. I technically didn't buy anything from them but my experience would definitely make me use them again. I ordered a TV which turned out to be the wrong one (my fault) and I returned it. I then ordered the correct one a week later but changed my mind on delivery day and they cancelled it. Very easy to contact and the representatives I spoke to were very helpful

Do you mean he started up Empire Direct & then left to start up AO.com, or do you mean they took over Empire Direct when they went bust?

I know Richer Sounds took over Empire Direct, but they don't do white goods/appliances.
Empire Direct Saved By Richer Sounds Takeover
My mistake I didn't know that Empire Direct went bust tbh and must have imagined that it morphed into AO

I recommend a local Euronics dealer. They price match AO.com and when I used them I had a 9am delivery time rather than a wait in all day delivery time.

I recommend a local Euronics dealer. They price match AO.com and when I used them I had a 9am delivery time rather than a wait in all day delivery time.
Got one a couple of miles up the road. Don't sell the cooker she wants. That's not to say she won't change her mind.:rolleyes:

Got one a couple of miles up the road. Don't sell the cooker she wants. That's not to say she won't change her mind.:rolleyes:
The place i used didn't stock the fridge and freezer we wanted either, but they were able to order them in for us.

The place i used didn't stock the fridge and freezer we wanted either, but they were able to order them in for us.
I shall bear that in mind. Thanks.

Agree - refurbed the kitchen last year and spent £2.5k on stuff from them - good delivery, on time, nice delivery drivers etc. Can't fault them.

We used AO for our recent washing machine replacement - was good. Yes make sure you get the Quidco and look for random discounts on their own site.

I think our last 5 "white goods" have all come from AO.

Told you she'd change her mind. Went to local Currys, just to look she said. They didn't have the exact model on show just the one with the more expensive induction hob. Quick check, price was the same so now it's been ordered. They have also said that if the price falls in the next seven days we will get a refund.

It's got a five year AEG warranty so I'm happy with that aspect, salesman didn't even bother trying to sell me insurance.

TLDR; but as above, used ao.com loads of times and never had a problem with them.

Given the choice i would shop from AO.com than currys anytime.

Another yup for AO.com. Father has used them several times - a happy customer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom