Anywhere still selling S939 motherboards?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my motherboard and obviously the easiest way is to replace it with the same socket otherwise, I need new memory and might as well replace the cpu at the same time.

Anywhere still selling S939? I even tried ebay and having not much luck. I want to spend less than £50.

It doesn't have to anything fancy. I just need two IDE sockets (still use IDE Hard disks and one DVD). Plenty of USB and USB headers (for a memory card reader) is the main thing I need. Built in digital coaxial audio output would be good. Also, four memory slots would be ideal.

The board I have is a micro atx Asrock 929NF4G SATA 2.

Thanks, I have a look. Novatech is a name from the past. I bought a laser printer from them about 15 years ago.

edit.

I think that Asus A8N-VM CSM will do nicely. I will google it.

I need to replace my motherboard and obviously the easiest way is to replace it with the same socket otherwise, I need new memory and might as well replace the cpu at the same time.

Anywhere still selling S939? I even tried ebay and having not much luck. I want to spend less than £50.

It doesn't have to anything fancy. I just need two IDE sockets (still use IDE Hard disks and one DVD). Plenty of USB and USB headers (for a memory card reader) is the main thing I need. Built in digital coaxial audio output would be good. Also, four memory slots would be ideal.

The board I have is a micro atx Asrock 929NF4G SATA 2.

I use the nf6g version of this board, I have 5 pc`s in the family, all running fine.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...=cF9zdHlsZT1saXN0JnBfcHJvZHVjdHNQZXJQYWdlPSY=

just about to list my MSI - K8N Neo 4 on the for sale, might be of interest to you

I have a Asus A8N-VM CSM coming hopefully today (it is on the van according to tracking). I am think of buying a oem X2 4200 as I might as well upgrade the processor. Even if I don't, I need to find a cheap heatsink/fan that will work with either a S939 64 3700+ or a X2 4200. It cannot be any higher than 60mm including the fan.

I have the Asus in my cube PC and it's been a cracking performer. You'll be happy with it IMHO :smashin:

dr_m

I got the board this morning. Does anywhere know where to get asus spdif bracket from? I have seen them on ebay but only from the US with a lot of postage. I would have rather had that bracket rather the single firewire one that came with it.

I do have a spdif bracket that uses a USB header. As it is for another board. I bet it only works with that one. I need the usb header for a memory card reader anyway.

I have the Asus in my cube PC and it's been a cracking performer. You'll be happy with it IMHO :smashin:

dr_m

Do you know if a dual core Opteron will work in it? I am looking at getting a Opteron 148 2.2ghz.

I can't get useful info from the Asus site about compatible processors.

No sorry mate, I'm not up on the gen in terms of Opterons. I run an X24600+.

I'm sure someone round here will know though!

dr_m

No sorry mate, I'm not up on the gen in terms of Opterons. I run an X24600+.

I'm sure someone round here will know though!

dr_m

I found they do work. I thought the 148 was dual core but it isn't. I was trying to get a second hand S939 X2 4200 but they are going as high as £100 on ebay !!

Yes I was suprised to see how much S939 chips were still going for on ebay - I was looking at an FX51 that was still £260 the other day :eek:

Rather annoying over Xmas and new year I didn't have money for a new chip and ebay had quite a lot of new OEM X2 4200. They were just £30 buy it now plus postage. I have seen one go for £102 second hand now.

Does anyone know where to get the Asus SPDIF module to attach to their boards? I have only found it on ebay and in the US for quite a bit of money.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom