1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anywhere I can get a demo of Tosh?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by TonyA, Mar 8, 2005.

1. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Does anyone know where I can get a demo of the Tosh (apart from Costco Watford) in the West London area?

I've seen the Tosh briefly at Costco - but not what you could call a demo.

On Sunday this week I went to the local Comet, and saw the Sagem HD-45. This was playing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow via RGB Scart - overall not a bad picture - but I saw so many rainbows it was unbelievable - they were coming up in nearly every scene, even when there was little movement (could be me - I do have an astigmatism and wear glasses to assist with that).

I need to ascertain if I get the same problem with the Tosh - if I do I'll have no option but to look at plasma for my HD viewing choice. :(

If anyone has any info, please let me know. :lease:

Many thanks.

T.

2. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, that's strange Comet normally have the Tosh in (or at least mine does).

I guess best bet for you would be to take a trip down to Tottenham Court Rd. I'm sure Shasonic, Gultronics, or someone like that will have one setup down there.

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Thanks Chumpy - I was up TCR a couple of weeks ago, and nipped into as many shops as I could and didn't spot any DLP sets at all!

The comet store had the HD45 and the Sammy on the pedastal - didnt take much notice of that, as I don't like the design. I did ask them about the Tosh, but they said they don't stock it in that store. :(

T.