1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anywhere have the Samsung LE26R41B in stock?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spikecast, Aug 25, 2005.

1. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    Looking for the digital freeview version but everywhere I've looked it as out of stock..seen it for £600 on most places..obviously somewhere that's trusted would be nice..anyone know anywhere with it in stock?

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    No. And if I did, I wouldn't tell you as I am looking for one myself :D

Spoke to a dealer yesterday who said he had a shipment coming in this week, but every one was already pre-sold. He could take my order of course, but couldn't promise a delivery date.

Clearly a popular set, that or one that Samsung are not making/importing enough of.

3. c.jelly

c.jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the regular 26" on order from Empire Direct since the end of July and received it yesterday.

They told me all of their stock coming in of 26" between now and October was sold, and anyone ordering now would have to wait until then at least. :eek:

4. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459

Hmmz..odd because I phoned them earlier, they told me the first week in Sep and they have ordered 150 of them in, only 41 have been taken so far..very strange that I've been told different info! Anyone used Digitaldirect before? They are saying 14 days but they have the freeview one and empiredirect don't, is the in-built freeview better than the boxes you can buy?

5. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've ordered one of these 26" from Digital-uk.com for the bedroom and have been promised delivery by the weekend.
    I think it's worth getting the built-in Freeview, as it frees up one connector, and because it's directly connected should be as good a pq as one could hope for on an external box..... I think.

6. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    Do you mean digital direct? What's the url for the one you ordered from? Cheers.

7. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  8. wush

wush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stock expected today? I just asked the online support and they said next week, could of meant for new orders only I guess.

I ordered one about 10 mins ago from Digi-UK, I'll report my findings too. :smashin:

9. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I ordered mine on Tuesday and was told yesterday that stock was expected then or today (Friday). I have paid £15 extra for a Saturday delivery, as I want it for the long weekend!!!
    Maybe this delivery is for back orders and more are coming in next week for current orders.

10. miketrim

miketrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    DO NOT order from 24electric. You'll be lucky to receive it before you DIE :D

11. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    I think I'm going to order from Homecinematv.co.uk..anyone used these? They are telling me they are expecting it in the beginning of next week, plus £10 delivery is good considering most others charge £20-30

12. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just called Digi-uk to confirm they sent the TV out today, only to be told 'sorry, they didn't come in'. It just would have been nice to have been told.

Anyway, I've cancelled my order and I'm going to pay a little more in Currys when I actually pick one up tonight.

I know that ultimately it's the fault of Samsung for non-delivery, but I had paid the extra for Saturday delivery and asked that I be told if there was any chance I wouldn't get it. I had to call THEM at 4.15pm today to find out.

Sorry, digi-uk but you've lost my business. Not just for the Sammy which was for my bedroom, but also the 50" HDTV I'm going to get when I've decided which one!

Sorry about the recommendation, Wush.... maybe you'll move up in the queue now and get MY old allocation!!! ;)

13. wush

wush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah it's alright, I knew there were none in stock before I ordered.

Got an email from them a little while ago saying that it was not in stock and that they would be getting a delivery in the week starting 29th September. Luckily I checked a calender and that day is a Thursday, asked about this and they actually meant 29th August. :)

14. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Don't hold your breath, Wush! ;)

On the off chance, I put in a call to Homecinematv.co.uk and although they don't have the 26", they DO have the 32", so I thought 'What the heck', and went for it - £848 inc. delivery, and I'll have it by Wednesday.

So - the race is on!!!!! :hiya:

15. barongreenback

barongreenback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I seem to be in a bad customer service mode today. I had the same experience with Digi UK when I ordered a Samsung DVD player a few months ago. They even charged my credit card!!! Not impressed and highly unprofessional.

16. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hey, Baron.
    Your post just made me check online and..yes, they took my money on the 23rd!! :mad:

I thought they wouldn't do that until the goods were ready to ship. Outrageous!! :nono:

Crossing Digi-uk off my list forever now!