anyway to stream dreambox channels to an ipad or pc over the intrnet?

ricflairandy

Hi guys, im working in norway for a while, and could do with having access to my dreambox channels. Any idea if there is any software or tricks to stream this over the internet. Obviously only having 1mb upload id have to have the streams re-encoded, but not sure how.

ta

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
The Dreambox is capable of streaming video via the web interface or a PC app called 'Dreambox Showtime Player Ultra Light Edition' not sure if they support re-encoding, the lower end models probably wouldn't have the processing power required. Assuming you have setup firewalls and port forwarding etc this will work over the internet as well as a local network, quality could be poor due to your connection speed. Another option would be to buy a Slingbox.

Davey H

Novice Member
You can run VLC on PC to encode/compress/serve the stream. I've done this to view on my droid over 3G/Wi-Fi using ANDR. Not sure what ithing apps are available

Last edited:

Free To Air

Hi guys, im working in norway for a while, and could do with having access to my dreambox channels. Any idea if there is any software or tricks to stream this over the internet. Obviously only having 1mb upload id have to have the streams re-encoded, but not sure how.

ta

As far as I am aware a slingbox will give you one user access over the internet, if that is all you need then the slingbox is the easiest option.

If you want multiple user viewing over the internet then one option would be to capture the audio/video from the dreambox with a PC capture card, encode into Flash file format (*.flv) with Flash Media Live Encoder and stream it to the CDN of your choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom