Anytime update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad I know :cool: but has anyone noticed any movie updates of late?? I still seem to be stuck with a few 'last chance' movies (Kingdom/Oliver and 2 others I can't remember)

I haven't seen any 'new' content for over a week now?

I'd agree. Everything is moving to 'last chance'.

The content has slowed down alot quite a few people were getting five or six things a day now its normally just one or two.

I think sky are just running the service down, ;) what with all the bugs and all the crap stuff they have downloaded you cant blame them :D

I think sky are just running the service down, ;) what with all the bugs and all the crap stuff they have downloaded you cant blame them :D

I'm amazed you can make that judgement when you have the service switched off, very impressive! :rotfl:

ATB

Max

AFAIK my box has downloaded new content every single day.

Recent films this week are Crash (HD) and Robots (HD)

There were 2 kids programmes today, and a football programmes.
Yesterday it was some history stuff, kids stuff, and Crash

I've got Crash and Robots too, plus Oliver Twist a few days back - all good stuff, providing you're a movies subscriber of course, which I am! :devil:

Well i just got my anytime today and all it has downloaded is some kids cartoon and the film crash if this quality of programming continues i think i will just disable it.

I've had nothing new for the last 3 or 4 days :(

What's wrong with Crash? Superb film, won several Oscars I think...

Anyone who isn't receiving new material, do you record and delete programmes as a matter of course? I did that and it went wrong, now I don't and it's fine.

Found the solution on digitalspy:

rjmachin said:
I am now getting a load of programmes each day (today I got the same as madj40)

I do this by first tuning to Sky Movies HD1, and then leaving it until it goes into stand by (auto is turned on). In the morning at about 6:30, i turn it on and check. Sometimes i have things, sometimes not, but turn it back into stand by when I go to work. When I get home from work, I seem to always have recordings in my anytime.

So, I leave on stand by when not in use, and tuned into sky movies HD 1.

What's wrong with Crash? Superb film, won several Oscars I think...

Nothing. But given it was a superb film you would have seen it by now if you are interested in movies.

So why suddenly stick it on anytime?

AFAIC it is just wasting my HDD space. I am not going to watch it again (that would be the 3rd time...)

Yeah but there's always going to be stuff you've already seen, just like there is on all the normal channels, that's not Sky's fault now is it?! Well, it kind of is but you know what I mean, the quality of the content is the same regardless of whether you've seen it before or not, just not for you individually.

come on guys, let's not start making this personal.

It's only TV... :rolleyes:

quick question about anytime. If i were to get a sky hd box and use it only for sd sky+ functionality for a few months with no hd channel subscriptions (i have no hdtv at present), would sky download only hd programs to my box or would they also download sd programs...

That was a genuine thanks for making me laugh by the way! :smashin:

That was a genuine thanks for making me laugh by the way! :smashin:

One of the unfortunate effects of Floraterracottaism is that suffers have a significant speech impediment making their speech only intelligable by under 5's.

Showing my age, I used to watch the Flowerpot men when it was new :eek: 405 line, B&W, & a screen like a goldfish bowl. But did I care?

I started reading this thread in the hope of finding some help with Anytime, as I've not received any new material for about a week now.

There's a couple of useful posts, but otherwise it seems to be 2 pages of people insulting each other. Any chance we can get the thread back on track ?

I'll try the suggestion of leaving the box on Movies HD1, and then placing in standby in the morning before I go to work.

If that fails, I'll try powering the box off completely, and report back.

Ian.

I flicked Anytime off / on a few days back to see if that would kick start it back into action.

Now I just get a message asking me to check I have a Sky+ subscription and to check back later!

There's a couple of useful posts, but otherwise it seems to be 2 pages of people insulting each other. Any chance we can get the thread back on track ?

Yep, but it is funny. And there are other threads just like it! I did get a new film come on over the weekend, Zatura- A space adventure. At least its on I've not seen before.

No, boring is listening to you complaining all the time in every thread about the same thing. Everybody knows your opinion so why not just let it rest.

Stuart

Nearly 1000 posts quickly condensed into one. BBC HD is great - hope they dont end the trial...blah... Sky1HD - Why is the PQ so bad?...blah...Why arent the HD channels broadcast in native HD 24/7?...blah...whinge....Sky HD - £299.99 for a box - RIPOFF!...blah....ad infinitum....

Nearly 1000 posts quickly condensed into one. BBC HD is great - hope they dont end the trial...blah... Sky1HD - Why is the PQ so bad?...blah...Why arent the HD channels broadcast in native HD 24?...blah...whinge....Sky HD - £299.99 for a box - RIPOFF!...blah....ad infinitum....

That was exactly my point. I wanted to read a discussion forum and got fed up of every post having the same people complaining about the same thing.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom