Anytime - have you received anything this week?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by museumsteve, Apr 18, 2007.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    I'm a little concerned that I've had nothing added to Anytime since middle of last week. I actually like the idea of it but of course it's only any good if there's anything actually put on it.
    I'm still new to this so may have missed something obvious, but my Anytime is on and I put box in standy each night (if that matters)

2. andrewtayloruk

andrewtayloruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I was just saying that to the missus, nothing been added in ages, also everything is 'Last Chance'

Andrew

3. McNab

McNab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    Date movie which I tried to watch today, unfortunately it was rubbish.

Zathura

Mysterious Island (both episodes)

Soccer AM the best bits.

Cinderella Man

Plus a few others

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    :confused: not on my boxes

5. jbravo2uk

jbravo2uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ive had nothing,everything on mine is last chance to see and it as been like that for about aweek,its a bit **** poor if you ask me:mad: .

6. gruber

gruber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing here either.

I turned anytime off and then on again 3 days ago, as recommended elsewhere on this forum, but all this did was remove all my last chance stuff and nothing has been added since.

I ain't interested in trying powering off, disconnecting, power up, set to HD movie channells before going to bed,...making a cup of tea..with semi skimmed milk... 1 digestive biscuit etc etc as suggested elsewhere (well, not the tea and biscuits :devil: )

I like the idea of anytime but it does not work properly. Sky must know it an they should tell their customers when it is likely to be fixed and in the meantime what the workaround is to save all the continuing speculation:lease:

7. johnny777

johnny777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Turned mine off/on at weekend for this reason, and stuff has started coming through again. However, i'm convinved it's as buggy as hell, and the cause of recording problems i'm sometimes getting via my normal planner. Considering turning it off until Sky fix the bugs.

8. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    well just turned one of my boxes off and then on again and Anytime is filling up..strange..

9. London Town

London Town

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I thought I'd have some fun and ring and complain tonight......nothing in my Anytime planner all week, just the message about ensuring you have a Sky+ sub :rolleyes:

The person I spoke to had absolutly no idea what they were on about, "we'll send the Sky+ function to your box" I said there was nothing wrong with my Sky+ functions !! "So what is the anytime your refering to then" they said !!

*** Sky, I was ringing the technical helpline AND YOU ASK ME WHAT ANYTIME IS !!!!!!!

I really am at a loss with this company now, while I was on I also had a rant about the quality of Sky Movies HD2, only to be told, "but it's in high definition, what more do you expect" :clap: :clap:

Brilliant !!

Dave

10. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Received plenty of stuff included those mentioned plus more Tom & Jerry and some Disney stuff just not the third episode of Weeds:(

11. gadgetcrazy

gadgetcrazy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep had same problem here, rebooted by switching off at wall on Tuesday, now seem to be getting stuff through!!
    Quickly checked this morning if i was still getting content and notice that it was on the info channel!! Perhaps we got a bug fixing update last night? didnt have time to check EPG Software code!!!

12. jonf

jonf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    had nothing new in days and days. all is also in 'last chance'. I'll switch off anytime, switch it on again and see what happens. pretty poor though to be so full of bugs.

13. city fan

city fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Still getting content here, and my EPG was on the info channel too, this morning

14. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,612
    I've had nothing since 2 or 3 days after it started - not a sausage.

Steve W

15. frazzle121180

frazzle121180

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    anytime is a great idea if it works, I have had nothing for the past week everything in last chance and even then there was only 5 progs on the planner.
    Turned anytime off then back on so still waiting for it to filter through again.

Waht I want to know is why there are so many cartoons on it all the time, whereas for the past 2 weeks lost has never appeared, or anything else half decent for that matter.
    Do sky think the majority of peeps want cartoons on all the time?

i thought anytime could save stuff relevant to your viewing habits, which to me would make more sense, but obviously thats a lot of nonsence.

16. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    Ive had something new almost every day for the past week or so, every morning I get up and turn on Sky its on channel 999 and there is new stuff on Anytime.

Got some programme about the Ghosts of the London Underground last night which sounds good :D

17. Jaycee Dove

Jaycee Dove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    We had nothing for several days just like people here are reporting.

Tried the switch ofg, reboot etc and nothing seemed to change.

But then started leaving it on channel 311 overnight and every day since have had the full complement of programmes being reported.

I was told (by others who found this fix independently) that it may be because I have auto standby disabled that means there is only one tuner for the Anytime stuff to download into. But it uses the HD movies channels overnight to download when these are not transmitting - hence the possible reason why this helped.

Mind you on Digital Spy I was flat out told this would not work.

All I know is that until I did it nothing was coming in. After I started doing it there has not been a day without at least 2 or 3, sometimes 4, new programmes added.

18. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Starts good gets crap, the sky mantra, they should copyright the slogan.

How do they choose stuff? Lost has been on it every week , but not 24 for example? My recording of 24 ballsed up too!:mad:

ps Anyone want to sign my petition that James Murdoch has to confirm with a pin number every time he wipes his arse?

19. Abstrakt

Abstrakt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    There are contractual limits to what Sky can push via Anytime. Merely securing the rights to air a given show on Sky One does not necessarily mean they've also been granted the “VOD” rights. Contracts with the distributors need to be renegotiated (and usually more money needs to be shelled out) before Sky can make a show like Lost available via Anytime.

Obviously their plan was to have one hit show available at launch, and then wait and see how Anytime performs before securing the VOD rights to more shows.

Considering that Lost is a very recent acquisition, and knowing that Anytime was already about to be rolled out last year while Sky were negotiating their contract for the show with Disney, I'm willing to bet that they snuck a VOD provision in there from the beginning.

20. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    I had another two things on yesterday when I got in from work, one was XXX and I cant remember what the other was.

I cant understand why I seem to be getting updates daily but some people are getting nothing :confused:

21. simon194

simon194

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I mentioned this in another thread. I had the same problem with the message coming up and I managed to get through to a 2nd tier tech support bod who admitted that there is an intermittant problem with the Anytime functionality which causes it to reset.

The solution is set it to NO and save then set it to YES and save and wait 2-3 days.

22. city fan

city fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    :rotfl: :rotfl:
    That really is classic. What are those people on up there? You should have asked them what output you should set your box to and what the difference was between 720p and 1080i. :eek:

23. London Town

London Town

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    :rotfl: yeah right !! I did have a rant about Anytime hogging half the hard drive though, to which I got no reply :rotfl:

24. Jaycee Dove

Jaycee Dove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Why not reach an agreement with a channel like 4 or 5 that has no HD potential but who own multiple rights in series like CSI, House etc? Surely if Sky do not then Virgin will.

Just screening a one off current episode of one of these in HD would pay off both ways. It would get many Anytime doubters tuning in. It would tempt non HD subscribers if they think their shows will be in HD. And the parent channel would get new viewers (they would presumably plug it with things like - watch the rest of this series on Channel whatever on whatever night etc).

Ideally this would pilot HD season tickets for non HD transmitted series - which is where Anytime would really benefit HD viewers and become a strong selling point for Sky for HD boxes.

It seems unlikely we will get 5 HD, for instance, any time soon. So viewers who would get Sky HD boxes and subs if this did exist would be swayed if the top HD shows from these channels were a bonus offering via Anytime.

All of that seems possible within the current limitations of Anytime technology.

25. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,694
    I noticed that I'd got the film Inside Man on anytime this morning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this on SM Premiere or whatever they are calling it at the moment? As such it's going to be showing a whole bunch of times all week, isn't it?

So what's the point of putting it on Anytime, if it's pretty much on "anytime" anyway?

26. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

It was the HD version wasn't it which won't be on a HD channel for a week so you get it a little earlier now the HD channels don't mirror any SD ones. It might even be a higher bitrate:)

27. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    No. It was on Sky HD movies last night. I know, I recorded it. :smashin:

Only for wasteoftime to also record it too... :thumbsdow

28. McNab

McNab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    I got easy rider in HD late last week and Inside Man yesterday.

I wonder why they're not putting up shows like 24 and Battlestar Galactica...

29. James Payne

James Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Received another 4 programmes this morning.

Inside Man
    FYC
    Sanctuary
    Medical Fraud Investigators

Regards James

30. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Yeah just realised that:blush: PQ anygood?
    The Anytime is 13% for two hours and I'll take that over a HD2 broadcast everytime:)