Anything worth bringing back from US?

Vertigo1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Have a friend visiting the US in a couple of weeks. Just wondered if there are any US-only releases worth trying to grab whilst over there?

Maybe the Underworld 4k boxset, if you like the films, then it's worth picking up. The 4k PQ is a step up as are the new Atmos tracks.

New Ghostbusters Set works out a lot cheaper on that side of the pond If that’s your bag.

Last edited:
I always look at Best Buy and grab a few Steelbooks. My friend came over from Florida over Christmas and I got him to pick me up a couple of sale items. Nothing too exciting though.

Wolf of Wall Street is a recent non-UK release.

I always look at Best Buy and grab a few Steelbooks. My friend came over from Florida over Christmas and I got him to pick me up a couple of sale items. Nothing too exciting though.
That's a good idea, Best Buy have exclusive 4K steels that are usually $19.99 and they don't let you order to re-shipper addresses.

The only way to get them in the UK that I've found is to pay an extortionate price on eBay. The cheapest I could get the still in stock Best Buy exclusive American Psycho steelbook was $70!

Dredd
ex machina
cliffhanger (for the atmos)
zero dark thirty
some of the IMAX movies are not uk release so worth having a look if any of those are of interest to you.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Wolf of wall street for me is worth it. Same audio as the blu but I thought it was an improvement in PQ

Disney and Pixar movies as they normally have bonus discs that get dropped on UK releases.

Midsommar (outstanding disc)
Halloween III Season of the Witch
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Hereditary
Rambo 2008
Knowing (stonking HDR in this)
The Witch
Christine
Color out of Space

All excellent in 4k.

Last edited:
If all goes well I’m in the states in April, so this has made look into this further.

Also get Speed, US version has lots of bonus features

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom