Anything with ilink?

A_Venables

At the moment I use my AX10ai with the 868 dvd player using the ilink connection with great effect for cds, dvds and sacds. Is there anything else I can use the spare ilink connections on the amp for?

Dutch

Nope, I'm afraid not. Pioneer have dropped using iLink on their DVD/Blu-ray players and now from their amplifiers, the last one being the monster Susano. They now have multi-channel PQLS on HDMI to replace it.

Steve

Buckster

Distinguished Member
At the moment I use my AX10ai with the 868 dvd player using the ilink connection with great effect for cds, dvds and sacds. Is there anything else I can use the spare ilink connections on the amp for?

nope but if you have a HTPC you can use the USB input on the AX10Ai for 8 channel 48khz 16 bit lossless PCM for hi-def material

A_Venables

nope but if you have a HTPC you can use the USB input on the AX10Ai for 8 channel 48khz 16 bit lossless PCM for hi-def material

Cant make use of that one, I have one of the older, upgraded amps with ilink, but no usb.:rolleyes:
Such a shame I cant make use of a great input:rolleyes:

AndyH

I've got the opposite problem! I'm using the 868 via iLink to an Ax5i (a combo I really like). I've now got blu-ray via the analogue in, but it's a bit of a compromised experience. So it could be time to upgrade the amp, but that likely means losing iLink (or buying an LX90....)

Buckster - any idea if the USB connection on the Ax5i can be used to similar effect, I suspect it's 2 channel only, but would be nice if otherwise.

A_Venables

Shame there isnt an ilink to hdmi convertor?!

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
Shame there isnt an ilink to hdmi convertor?!
I don't think its completely impossible, but its very unlikely. As well as transcoding the data itself, the interface would have to support the bi-directional A&M protocol, and I can't see any commerical justification for anyone to do that work.

Nick

A_Venables

Ive just bought a Marantz MV8300 DVHS recorder, which comes with 2 ilink in/out ports, would this connect to my AX10? It mentions in the manual its used for video/audio and protocol. Any reason why I shouldnt try it?

A_Venables

I would have thought that this wouldn't work but only a guess.

You were right, tried this today, the AX10i just displayed "no signal", which according to the AX10i instructions means the ilink input info isnt Audio, therefore not compatible.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom