Anything to replace PACE Twin?

aris

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there anything on the horizon that will replace the Pace Twin? Though it seems like a nice piece of kit, I keep reading about limitations, bugs, etc..

What is the best bang for the buck (besides TiVO) with regards to a PVR?

Rumours on the digital spy forums are that some dixons stores have the THomson PVR in stock for 300 quid . . .

Will allow you to dual-record whilst watching a previously recorded program . . . .

and has a propriatory 7-day epg . . .

Twin at under £200 is a bargain - it is not as buggy as made out - ours is fine.

I'd recommend one anyway and also rip the p1ss out of anyone spending £150 on the Diawoo DTTV Vhs heap!

The Thomson PVR has indeed been released, I saw one in my local Dixons yesterday :)

It looks to be a great piece of kit, and although they don't yet have any stock (it's expected in the next 2 weeks i think i read), www.unbeatable.co.uk are selling them on pre-order for £229.99.

Anyone know of a review or a technical spec I can read somewhere?

There's also the Panasonic AVLand have on their site which is expected for release this month.

Does the new Fusion FRVT100 come under this catergory ? Twin tuner and Hard Disc Recorder.

The latest I heard from Fusion was "Stocks should filter out to shops towards the end of this month"

Regards

gtfc

Do any of these units support Videoplus? I know it sounds redundant, but sometimes it is just the easiest way to program a device quickly.

I don't think any of these units support Videoplus at present.

Generally you schedule a recording either by setting it up manually, or by selecting the program from an onscreen EPG.

Some boxes use a proprietary EPG to deliver a week or so's worth of listings info as the official extended Freeview EPG hasn't been fully launched yet.

Having said that, trials are at present underway in London for the extended EPG which I have to say makes planning an evening's viewing a real doddle.

Presently I am not blessed with a PVR, I'm using a Pace unit (the 210) which is a great little unit but sadly just a standard STB.

At some point a recorder would be great, but I think that would need some input from the other half. :smashin:

Panasonic are doing HD freeview recorder TUCTH100 availble from JUNE Dual tuner, Link for panny DVD-R unit for archiving, 20 hours recording EPG ready and digital Audio out Expect to be around £300 at launch There are alkready single tuner HD recorder availble fro Fusion and Humax but i think the Twin is the best unit availble at the moment.

I think if I were to buy now, i'd get one of the Thomson units which seems very nice indeed. I suspect that there will be alot of competition in the next 6 months though, so I may wait until christmas.

Anyone heard any further news on the launch/availability of the new Panasonic TUCTH100 PVR?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom