Anything to consider when buying cables

david230

Novice Member
I will have a sony lcd rp at the end of the month and would like to connect my PC to it using dvi-hdmi. I know I need roughly 7metres of cable but is there anything to do with cable spec that I need to consider before I buy.

cheers for any help.:)

anacz1

Banned
david230 said:
I will have a sony lcd rp at the end of the month and would like to connect my PC to it using dvi-hdmi. I know I need roughly 7metres of cable but is there anything to do with cable spec that I need to consider before I buy.

cheers for any help.:)
the longer the cable run the more the signal will degenerate, 7m is about 22ft; which is quite a long way, for such long lengths it would be wise to use a top quality cable...such as QED.

but on shorter lengths of say 1 to 2m, you can use any HDMI/DVI cable; because this no difference in signal loss between them all, well not that you'll notice :cool:

Mark 1971x

Novice Member
the longer the cable run the more the signal will degenerate, 7m is about 22ft; which is quite a long way, for such long lengths it would be wise to use a top quality cable...such as QED.

but on shorter lengths of say 1 to 2m, you can use any HDMI/DVI cable; because this no difference in signal loss between them all, well not that you'll notice :cool:
This is not true a differance does happen, i have measured the impedance on cable-lead length, keep it as short as possible and go for the fastest cable within your budget.

Top Bottom