Anything is possible

Certainly history in the making.
Must be a quite involved process to ensure that his lower prosthetics can not be used as an advantage.

Good on him :thumbsup:

Last edited:
So is he running with able bodied people? :confused:

Funny that I've just posted an image in the awe-inspiring post - but I think it's amazing. I know there's an argument about whether he gains an unfair advantage, but being disabled and an international sports person myself - this guy to me is an inspiration to bridge the gap, because for too many years, I feel most people see disabled sport as a lower quality / commitment required, when Oscar IMO is proving this not to be true..

I've got mixed feelings.

I think semiskimmed has come close to what I feel.

If disabled sport was given more support, this would be a non-issue.

Whatever - my utmost admiration to Pistorius.

yes, made it it to the semi finals of the 400m. He will also be runing the 4X400m as well.

Will he be running in the paralympics also?

this has me a bit confused, logical progression has me thinking we are going to be seeing transgenders competing in both Mens and Womans sports in Rio in 2016....

Obviously I don't know what defines disabled and able-bodied in Olympic terms, am I the only one who finds this all a bit odd?

im not against it, I just wonder how it fits within the rules...

Will he be running in the paralympics also?

this has me a bit confused, logical progression has me thinking we are going to be seeing transgenders competing in both Mens and Womans sports in Rio in 2016....

Obviously I don't know what defines disabled and able-bodied in Olympic terms, am I the only one who finds this all a bit odd?

im not against it, I just wonder how it fits within the rules...

I think he is, although i think he is too good for the paralympics.

Officer M168 said:
I think he is, although i think he is too good for the paralympics.

Yep, he will be the first person to do both at the same games

21901501932-orig.png

I like his two nicknames - "Blade Runner" and "The fastest man on no legs".

i am kind of with walleee on this one a little bit. i don't begrudge him a place and it is amazing what he is doing, but why is he able to run with the "able-bodied" if he is clearly "disabled" ?

is he likely to win his paralympic events? has he turned up in the regular olympics for more of a "challenge" or what?

again, nothing against the guy or anyone with a dream etc, but i just have a few questions about it all etc.

so he is too good for the paralympic's but not good enough for the olympics?

tailwhip2000 said:
so he is too good for the paralympic's but not good enough for the olympics?

He's still good enough for the Olympics seeing as he beat other athletes in his heats etc to reach the semi-final

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom