Anything goes, so..

Marika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the galaxy. Far, far away, from somewhere...
here's a dandelion fluff ball :) I went out in my garden with my 90mm macro and thought I'll try and take at least some kind of photo for the comp. It was nice and still, so here it is. Sliders in Lightroom, crop/composition original. (edit: please view larger in Flickr if you can, on a monitor, it kind of makes it look nicer :) )

Dandelion fluff ball by M.H.S, on Flickr

Last edited:
Superb shot. I tried a similar one a couple of years ago. I think when I first got my Olympus. Not as fluffy or as good a blur on the background. I’ll drop it in the not valid thread rather than here so you can see what I mean.

How did you get the fluffy effect?

Lovely shot, well balanced subtle light. Definitely looks better on Flickr, much sharper.

Superb shot. I tried a similar one a couple of years ago. I think when I first got my Olympus. Not as fluffy or as good a blur on the background. I’ll drop it in the not valid thread rather than here so you can see what I mean.

How did you get the fluffy effect?

Thank you. I guess the fluffy effect is just a combo of this being an exceptionally fluffy dandelion head and the shallow dof+90mm Tamron. I simply love that lens. Background is wholly due to the lens, too. 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom