Anything else worth trying , or shall I just call MS up tomorrow ?

John

Reaction score
Despite my thinking that it was MW2 I was having issues with, It would seem that the fact I could play other games for hours was just a smoke screen and my Xbox now crashes regularly, even on the Dashboard.
Have unplugged/plugged every cable, removed replaced the HD, cleared the cache . Even hoovered all the vents , but have had no joy.
Not getting any red rings or error codes, just crashes mid-game or dashboard and the only solution is the on/off button.

Is there anything left for me to try , or should I just call MS in the morning ?

Overheating and HDD problems would be my first port of call thoughyou have visited those ports

I would give MS a call if i were you, it sounds as though you have done plenty of testing to try and narrow the problem down

John me old mucker sounds like its on its way out how old is the 360 and did you buy new.

Whats the Manufacture date of the 360 tells you on the back of it, personally I would just book it online say it has the RROD and send it away turnaround is 10 days with ups tracking.

Xbox NXE Hardware, Xbox LIVE, Games & Media Support | Xbox Support

Si

Its showing symptoms that lead up to RROD , just not actually had them yet .
Maybe tomorrow

Sorry to hear that, under warranty?

Nope , but as its RROD they are doing it FOC :clap:
Its currently wrapped in a load of bubblewrap and the remains of juniors gaming chair box. UPS are collecting thursday am :D

Did MS sort out the collection for you or did you have to print out a lable then contact UPS and inform them, i still have a RROD console sat upstairs in the cupboard belonging to a mate and not sure how to get it sent off :confused:

Did MS sort out the collection for you or did you have to print out a lable then contact UPS and inform them, i still have a RROD console sat upstairs in the cupboard belonging to a mate and not sure how to get it sent off :confused:

After registering recieved the folowing email
Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! We are processing your request to repair your console. In the meantime, please read the IMPORTANT information below:

We have 3 shipping methods to get your console to us:

Where you receive an electronic mailing label

· You should receive a separate e-mail notification with instructions for printing the label. Follow the instructions below to ship your console to us using the electronic label. You have the option of calling UPS to arrange collection or you can schedule a collection online:

· Schedule a collection in the UK

· Schedule a collection in Ireland

· If you have not received your electronic label in your e-mail after 24 hours, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folders in your email application. If the shipping label email is not present, please contact Xbox Support to verify your email address, or request an alternative shipping label.

· Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.

· Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

Where you receive a paper label

· UPS will attempt to deliver this in the next 1-3 days. You have the option of calling UPS to arrange collection or you can schedule a collection online:

· Schedule a collection in the UK

· Schedule a collection in Ireland

· Please package your console before this time.

· When UPS arrive, they will attach the label to the box immediately and take it away.

· Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.

· Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

Where you receive a pre-paid shipping box

· You will receive an empty shipping box with further instructions included in the package.

· Below is the shipping information for the packaging materials.

o Carrier Name:

o Carrier Tracking Number:

· You can track the status of your package using the website and the tracking number provided above. (The tracking number may take up to 24 hours to activate).

What to do next

· Remove the Hard Drive if attached (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB Article 906204.

· Remove any custom faceplates (Xbox 360 only). For more information on how to do this, see KB article 907331

· Remove any discs from the disc tray. For more information, see KB article 907532 or KB article 906935. For the original Xbox, see KB article 817396.

· If you have already sent your console in for repair you can disregard the shipping instructions in this email.

Do not:

· Do not write Xbox or Microsoft on the outside of the package.

· Do not use your original Xbox or Xbox 360 packaging to send your console to our Service Centre, as it will not be returned.

· Do not include any Games, Hard Drives, AV cables, Controllers or any other accessories with the console unless instructed by an Xbox Service Agent.

My address has changed?

· We can only perform return address changes before you have shipped your console to our Service Center. Address changes after this time are not possible.

How to check on the status of your console repair?

You can do this quickly and easily by signing in at https://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. Once you have logged in, click on the relevant device and then click on "Review your repair status".

Once we receive your console it will take 2-3 weeks to get it back to you.

Thank you for your patience while we work to get your console repaired and returned to you as quickly as possible!

Note: This is not a monitored email address.

I did indeed recieve an email with the link to print off the shipping label.
Printed it out , packed up the 360 , stuck it on. Followed the links in the above email to arrange collection. I dropped off XBox1 when it failed , they can come and get this one :lesson: :D

so i pick a date and time for UPS to come pick it up ? all i need now is a Printer :rotfl:

Missed this . I picked a date and time. They were 3 hours late so they missed me, unsuprisingly. No big deal as their depot is 10 minutes away and I had to go to that part of town anyway.

Anyhow its been fixed and is on its way back :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom