• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anything else for me to consider?

M

MeKeV

Generally i'm happy with my old jvc crt. But am reluctantly looking to upgrade as i've set up a htpc running xbmc, and the 28inch screen with SD is falling a bit short. And the missus says there's a high pitched buzz, but it seems to be out of my range!

I'm not really bothered about resolutionsresolutions like 1080p, and i'll mostly be watching SD on it anyway.
I am interested in colour accuracy though, and good black tones. So after some reading am looking at plasmas.

But I've had the tape measure out and I think 37inches is what I want, but I can only find the panny X20b at that size. Is that all there is to consider? Should I just go for that, or is the similarly priced samsung 42c450 a better telly and worth compromising my size preference on?

Or are there some lcds around that price that is comparable to a plasma for colour/blacks/sport at 37inches.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom