1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything better than a NadT743??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Diving Bear, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having had to give up on my first choice of a Yamaha DSP AX750 becuase it simply won't fit on the only shelf available :mad: I ahve decided on the Nad T743. This has a depth of only 350 and allowing for stuff at the back will fit the space available. it has pretty good reviews in most places,just not outstanding. I am sorry it has a receiver which the Yamaha didn't, I have no use for an receiver as I listen to digital channels.

Does anyone have any other ideas for an amp that is 'petite' in depth???

Otherwise its the Nad

Cheers :hiya:

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    What about the Cambridge Audio 540R? I think the NAD is a pretty good unit though.

3. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you find your tannoy front ive got the same but not fitted yet there 6 ohms do theyv go loud or not being 6 ohms please ?. but puzzled what to put put on the rears dipole or some more R2 s or even R1 s what did you find worked best for music and films ??yes nad make fine stereo amps used to have one ,av amps would be musical me thinks from nad . :offtopic: :lease:

4. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that they would be good with music, but its mostly films I want the sound system for.
    I was thinking of putting the Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus with these, or maybe the Wharfedale 9s? Any thoughts???

5. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    The Tannoys were great - I recently changed them for Richter Floorstanders (an Oz brand). The new room was a problem so I needed speakers capable of going lower to avoid bass humps. But the Tannoys have served me well for a long time, and I do miss having them around!!!