anything beat the Z-5500 for under £200?

2scoops

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sub £200 5.1 Surround Sound System for my 32" LCD and 360 setup. Lots of people have recommend the Z-5500 (which is £190 delivered from Savastore). I currently have a crap £50 supermarket no name surround sound system which just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm looking for the best "bang for buck" system that i can buy for under £200.

Can anyone beat the Z-5500 specs for under £200?

I also need to know how many devices you can connect to the Z-5500, i need to connect my XBOX, my xbox360 and my Topfield 5800PVR

Am i right in thinking this has coax, optical, and two 3.5mm jack inputs, i need something really that takes a standard stereo phono connector so i can easily connect my old xbox to it (suppose i could use an adapter, would this work)

Z-5500 owners advice please!

:)

you could get Z-680's from amazon.co.uk for £129.99. they are the previous model to the Z-5500 and sound pretty much the same. same inputs etc. i have these and they sound awesome.

The Z-5500 has the Dolby Digital Decoder which i think the Z-680 lacks. I intend using this with my Xbox360 and Freeview box etc, not my PC.

Does anyone know if ther Z-5500 is any good?

Oh well took the plunge anyway £188 from Amazon Delivered, plus 500 rpoints in cashback, not bad!

I have the Z560, a previous model (4.1) and have to say the sound is pretty smart for the dosh.

The only thing holding back mind is the PC which they were always connected to was not really anything special. Sub is a bit of a beast as well!

Games are pretty smart, I have to say!

Hope you get along with the new system well :thumbsup:

In answer to the original question, I suppose something like an STR-DE475 or other 5 year old receiver for £50 off of eBay and a couple of sets of Mission m71 speakers for a total of £120 would provide very pleasing results within budget if you have the space for the slightly bigger speakers :thumbsup:

the Z-680 has a dolby digital decoder as well as a DTS decoder

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom