1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone's (older) tv set develop this fault?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Joe Pineapples, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    Got a (nearly) 10 year old Sony 25" set. About 6 months ago it started to show a pinkish tint whenever a large amount of white came on the screen (snow scene etc). When the content dropped back to a normal range pf colours, the picture corrected itself, and everything was ok again (whites looked white instead of pale pink). Then about a month ago, the tv made a noise as a red dot appeared, then disappeared off the screen, leaving a permanent regular pattern of faint horixontal thin red bars going down the screen (only really noticable against a dark background). Yesterday the tv made a fair few noises (like rapid loss and gain of signal), turned itself off, then on again, but now that 'pinkish tint' is permanently on the screen, making all the colours look 'off'.

Anyone had this happen, or any engineers reading this, can tell me if this is likely to be a mjor fault?

Already had some repair work done on the set, and almost ready for a new one. But still, i want this one to last a while yet.

cheers

Dean

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Lines sound like dry joints - my 13 Y/O KVX2521 does this - so it now has a DTVA which works!!

Get an estimate but it is possibly worn out