Anyones Kids had Croup??

B

Bluehorse

My boy (2 and a half) has Croup....

What a horrible thing this is, like a cough but many times worse.

He was born 8 weeks early so his speaking is a little delayed so the poor little fella is looking so sorry for himself and can't tell us what's happening, we have amoxicillin and loads of Calpol.

Anyone else been through this? He and we haven't slept for two nights in a row and any advice welcome.

geomuss

Novice Member
Horrible thing isnt it!

The method I used to help ease my kids breathing was going into the bathroom shutting the door and creating a steam room by running the Hot water taps.

SWMBO

Novice Member
yup, been there n done that... my daughter had it, the 1st time i didnt have a clue and she had it really bad and we ended up getting the emergancy doc out at 2am , he gave her steriods :( , but the best method is as geomus said is to go into the bathroom with the door closed to create a steam effect, this helps.... its so horrible they sound like a barking seal :thumbsdow
my daughter was younger when she 1st got it about 2 i think, not a lot u can do really other than that , worst thing is he will prob keep getting itagain and again, as my daughter did for a few years the doc said they usually grow out of it by the time there 5 :rolleyes::smashin:

good luck and try get some sleep :thumbsup:

Mac User

Our tinlids suffered from this, Its not pleasant for them and the parents. Hope he gets better soon :rolleyes:

WelshBluebird

Novice Member
I had it myself when I was younger (was born early too). But obviously, i can't remember much lol, was too young.

Though I do know that I had something that was basically an asthma pump, to help me breath.
But I also agree with what geomuss mentioned.

IronGiant

MOD COMMENT:

If in any doubt, ring NHS Direct or get your child down to A&E ASAP, do not take advise from an AV Forum :lease:

Dave

B

Bluehorse

MOD COMMENT:

If in any doubt, ring NHS Direct or get your child down to A&E ASAP, do not take advise from an AV Forum :lease:

Dave
Oh of course we didn't seek medical attention at all, I personally manufactured and got the antibiotics for him.

Having sought professional advice as you so patronisingly put several days ago, I was more interested in members views on comforting him.

Thanks for nothing.

Paulie-W

My daughter had it and we got a vapourizer (big constant kettle basically) that hunidifies the room. Like this. Croup is a :censored: thing though. Hope all sorts itself out soon.

Seems like vaporizers are used for other things too now though ;)

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom