• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone work for Sky??

F

fingermouse24

After having standard Sky televison subscribing to the full package for a few years I recently upgraded to Sky+ multiroom and had Sky+ installed in the living room and my old box installed in a bedroom. This was done about 2 weeks ago.

Everything is fine however I recently saw a friend who had Sky HD installed and therefore became a bit jealous!! I've recently purchased a new HD television and have decided I want to make use of it. What options do I have in cancelling the Sky+ subscription where I paid £89 and having Sky HD installed in it's place, obviously i'm aware of the price of £299. I think I have the option of cancelling the Sky+ contract looking at the T&Cs within 1 month. I would also like to keep the mulitroom option aswell.

Would it be the case of and engineer coming swapping tht Sky+ box for an HD one and me paying the difference in price??

dunsters

I swapped Sky+ multi room with Sky HD multi room and moved the Sky+ to the 2nd room. I pay the extra for the HD box and the extra £10 for HD in addition to SKY+ multi-room and that is it. KISS and just give Sky a call and simply ask them.:cool:

Cheers:hiya:

F

fingermouse24

Thanks, sent them an email and got this response

Dear Mr *******

Customer Account Number: **********

Thank you for your email regarding your Sky account.

The terms and conditions of your digital subscription contract require a minimum subscription period of twelve months, at which time, cancellation will be accepted with one month's notice.

Under the terms of the free minidish and digibox offer if you cancel your subscription before the minimum period expires, you can be charged the cost of providing your digital satellite system of up to 80.00 (GBP). Also, under the terms of the installation offer you took up you can be charged the difference between what you paid for standard installation of your digital satellite system and our full standard installation charge of 120.00 (GBP).

I trust this information assists. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the above email address.

Yours Sincerely
Customer Relations

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lesson:

loz

Distinguished Member
I am surprised they would let contract periods get in the way of you upgrading and actually buying more stuff off them.

Perhaps you didn't phrase your request clearly enough. Or you just got a standard reply.
Pick up the phone and talk to them.

They are not going to give you your money back on the Sky+ box, and you will have to pay full whack for the HD box, but again, I would be surprised if they effectively stopped you paying them more money...

D

DigiTALGuy

fingermouse24 said:
After having standard Sky televison subscribing to the full package for a few years I recently upgraded to Sky+ multiroom and had Sky+ installed in the living room and my old box installed in a bedroom. This was done about 2 weeks ago.

If it was done two weeks ago then you have the option of cancelling Sky+ under the 30 day cooling off period. Just tell them it wasn't as you'd expected and you want a refund. If you say you're interested in HD then they might provide an incentive to upgrade. If they don't you can easily cancel and just sign up as a new HD customer.

glen8

DigiTALGuy said:
If it was done two weeks ago then you have the option of cancelling Sky+ under the 30 day cooling off period. Just tell them it wasn't as you'd expected and you want a refund. If you say you're interested in HD then they might provide an incentive to upgrade. If they don't you can easily cancel and just sign up as a new HD customer.

Yes, think yourself lucky. I'm in the same boat but had my sky+ box for two months. I'm outside the cooling off period now, so if I want HD it looks like I'll have to sell my sky+ box on ebay and pay the £300 for the HD box and then the £10 a month sub.

Not sure if I am allowed to sell the sky+ box within the 12 month term tho?

Giblets2

DigiTALGuy said:
If he does this won't they bill him for the installation though?

D

DigiTALGuy

Giblets2 said:
If he does this won't they bill him for the installation though?

Depends if he got free installation on the box. I paid £60 for my box and received free installation – so I would have expected my full £60 back if I cancelled.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom