• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone with this Yamah stereo AMP!!!

C

CosmicOne

Is there anyone here that have the Yamaha AX-396 or AX-496

can u please comment on it's sound??

also guys what do u think gonna be better

1-Yamaha RXV-1500
2-Yamaha RXV-650(for center&rear) with AX-396 for stereo & front speaker powering dutes??

i have the RXV-650 and am thinking of getting the AX-396 or 496 to use it for stereo with my fronts using the preouts of the 650,
Do u think any of those stereo amps gonna sound better than the 650 in stereo quality??

anyhelp would be appreciated.

Markie Boy

I would say go for the RX-V1500. While I'm an advocate of using 2-channel amps for music, I'm not a huge fan of the two Yamaha stereo amps you mention. I think the RX-V1500 running Pure Direct gives a fairly clean sound for the money. If you have your heart set on the 2-chanel perhaps couple the RX-V650 with a Cambridge 540A/640A amplifier - much more polished presentation and detail.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom