Anyone with Sharp P50E with SKY Eye to it?

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok Folks. I went and brough a Sky Eye for my Sky + box. I have Sky + on the lounge with it Toshiba 36" crt Picture frame 2 tv (must say this is a fab tv love it and still do). Upstairs in my bedroom I have the Sharp 26" P50E. I can get sky + on it no problem with the cable into it with the sky eye. But I cant change channel with the sky eye at all when it all plugged into my Sharp TV. Here the strange bit. When I take the cable out of the Sharp TV and leave sky eye on i then can change channel. What buy me why cant I change channel while it plug into my tv :( Is there a known problem that sky eye wont work with LCD??

Rookies said:
Ok Folks. I went and brough a Sky Eye for my Sky + box. I have Sky + on the lounge with it Toshiba 36" crt Picture frame 2 tv (must say this is a fab tv love it and still do). Upstairs in my bedroom I have the Sharp 26" P50E. I can get sky + on it no problem with the cable into it with the sky eye. But I cant change channel with the sky eye at all when it all plugged into my Sharp TV. Here the strange bit. When I take the cable out of the Sharp TV and leave sky eye on i then can change channel. What buy me why cant I change channel while it plug into my tv :( Is there a known problem that sky eye wont work with LCD??
Can you clarify what you mean about changing channel. Are you trying to change the Sky channel or the TV channel? How can you the Sky channel change on the Sharp if you've disconnected the RF feed.

Hi

OK what I am doing is connecting sky to my sharp tv upstairs in bedroom with it magic eye, YOu know sky link so that I can change sky channel. This is what I cant do. If the magic eye is plugged into the tv I cant change the sky channel through the magic eye. But if I unplug the magic eye and try to change sky channel it does change as I check on the downstairs tv.

Hope you with me here?

I understand now. Do you have a red light on your eye to say that its working and is the cable coonnected to the RF output 2 of your Sky box.

Yup to both questions. What confuse me is that the channel does change without have it connected to the Sharp tv. But when I connect to the tv then I cant change sky channel even though the red light is still on.

Do you have a sky eye for your sharp tv?

No I don't but I have read that LCDs can radiate interference which disrupts with the magic eye. Try moving it as far as possible from the TV. Also does you're cable go via a wall socket?

Yeah that what I have heard about LCD. IT is as far as possible. Yeah I do have wall socket. What I am going to try next is take the LCD downstairs and just have a cable from back of sky to the link then to the tv if this does not work then it down to the tv

Rookies said:
Yeah that what I have heard about LCD. IT is as far as possible. Yeah I do have wall socket. What I am going to try next is take the LCD downstairs and just have a cable from back of sky to the link then to the tv if this does not work then it down to the tv
The problem may be because you're using a wall socket. The TV Link requires a 9 volt supply to work and if you're wall socket has a decoupling capacitor then it won't work as it prevents DC voltage to pass. I think, as the magic eye actually works on it's own then it's probably down to interference. You could try connecting som coax cable between the eye and the Sharp to give you some distance between the two.

Try searching the Sky forums over on Digital Spy http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/ there's usually quite a lot of good info over there.

There's been a few post on here regarding the P50 interfering with Sky remotes.....

mr-monday said:
There's been a few post on here regarding the P50 interfering with Sky remotes.....
True but this is a known issue with TV link and most flat panel screens not just the Sharp.

A good idea would be to completely power off all devices (both TVs, and Sky), disconnect and reconnect the cables for TV Link and then powering up leaving the Sharp switched on but alone for half an hour until trying the remote. The problme with the Sharp and the Sky remote seems to be temporary and disappears after some time.

Is this to do with the sharp TV interfering with the signel. Is it the same as the problem with the r/c not working.Anybody know if sharp have come up with a fix for this

I have the same set up. My solution ... switch off the OPC (automatic brightness control). Its in the main menu.

Let me know if it works :smashin:

Yes i have switched the OPC off and it does work some times. I have also adjusted the back light and this will work also. I only got the tv last week so
this is very annoying. Is there a permeant fix for this. What is the cause anybody know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom