Anyone with Nest Hello and Google Home Minis?

tigermad

Since Nest moved over to google and I have migrated my accounts I no longer get doorbell notifications on my home minis. It keeps telling me to login when I go to google home app and add nest. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow you to login using your google account only your old nest account. Seems lots of people are having problems. Anyone got this working?

lowmans100

I migrated when I added the Max Hub and it and all my minis work fine.
My Nest account is now linked to my gmail where it was previously linked to my Hotmail email. My old Hotmail Nest account login details no longer work with the Nest app.

Have you tried logging out of your Nest account and setting up a new Nest account using the same gmail account linked to your Google Home?

edit: Are you sure you completed the migration? The process needed you to confirm that you wanted to migrate 3 or 4 times, and strangely you still get a 'you have migrated' email even if you don't complete the last step.

tigermad

I migrated when I added the Max Hub and it and all my minis work fine.
My Nest account is now linked to my gmail where it was previously linked to my Hotmail email. My old Hotmail Nest account login details no longer work with the Nest app.

Have you tried logging out of your Nest account and setting up a new Nest account using the same gmail account linked to your Google Home?

edit: Are you sure you completed the migration? The process needed you to confirm that you wanted to migrate 3 or 4 times, and strangely you still get a 'you have migrated' email even if you don't complete the last step.
Hi yes I migrated fine. I did it months ago and can login to nest app fine using my google account. It’s just setting up google home again when I add the nest there is no option for the google password it just asks for the nest one. The login using google option is not there on the nest google home settings.

lowmans100

I didn't have to set up Google Home 'again' after the migration, the Google Home app changed my 'Home' name to the same name as the Nest home name and the cameras were added to the Google Home app by the migration.

When you login to Nest.com in your browser what login details does it use, Google or Nest?

tigermad

I didn't have to set up Google Home 'again' after the migration, the Google Home app changed my 'Home' name to the same name as the Nest home name and the cameras were added to the Google Home app by the migration.

When you login to Nest.com in your browser what login details does it use, Google or Nest?
Hi. I use google login. Just noticed my camera is linked to google home the announcements aren’t working. The option is turned in though just not working.

lowmans100

Just tested mine and I get the announcement on all Google displays and minis.

Do you have notifications on in the settings for each mini?