1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with experience of Warranty Direct?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Derek up North, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Derek up North

Derek up North

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sky+ box is about to come out of warranty and I've come to the reluctant conclusion that I need to get an extended warranty for it (I'm too much of a technical klutz to replace the hard drive myself should it fail yet again plus I spend time working away from home somy wife needs to be able to get it fixed should it go pop again).

I've had the standard Domestic and General offer from Sky (£99 p.a.) but also found (thanks to the BBC Moneybox web pages) a complany called Warranty Direct who will cover the box (repair or, if economical, replace) for £12 p.a.

This seems too good to be true given that Sky charge (I believe) £65 per callout - does anyone have any experience of this company??

Final question - what's the going rate for a replacement Sky+ box these days (thinking of the trade off of warranty and replacement costs).

Thanks in advance,

Derek.