Anyone With Experience Of Samsung Repair?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by bobbai, Sep 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bobbai

bobbai
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I noticed what I believed to be a fault on my Samsung LE40R74 TV that I've had for 10 months.

Basically there appears to be a noticeable "pale band" maybe about 4 inches wide running down the left hand side of the screen.

There is another thread with what appears to be a very similar looking problem to mine: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459692

I called Samsung and they sent a local engineer from Martin Dawes to check it out. It was quite difficult for him to view the fault clearly as it's mostly at night when it's dark that it's more noticeable, but he did eventually agree that he could see something and suggested replacing the panel. He said that this would require the TV to be taken back to the workshop.

I asked him the question if the panel could be ordered in advance and when it had arrived at the workshop I could arrange collection of the TV (as I'm wanting to minimise the length of time without a TV). He told me this was not possible as he could only order the panel after taking the old one out.

Can I ask if this is really the case?

On the thread above, it would appear that the panel was replaced on site. Is it maybe just the case that certain repair engineers need to take the set away while others are quite happy to repair on site? If that's the case, can I in any way "force" the repair to be done on site or ask Samsung to allocate another company who would be willing to repair on site?

The thought of being without a TV for more than a few days isn't worth thinking about (especially with 2 young kids) !!

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bob

2. Ryan_is

Ryan_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had my Samsung LCD repaired a few times, unfortunately.

Similar story to your's; demonstarted problem to local engineer, who then took it away. I can't answer your specific question, but turnaround was said to be 10 days. Whenever a repair has been completed I've collected the set myself to check at the workshop it's fixed and speed up it's return to me. Previously was called to tell me it was ready on a Friday afternoon, but nobody could deliver it back to me until the following week!

Good luck.