Anyone with CX300's - please advise on L-R cable length

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a pair from Amazon and the sound is amazing. However I am a tad puzzled as to why the left and right cable are not the same length? The right is twice as long as the left and for the life in me I cannot understand the point of the design. All other earphones that I have used are both equal in length.

Have I got a duff set or are they all like this?

Thanks in advance,

Gazza.

A stupid design which I think Sony came up with and everyone else copied. Why? Lots of room for the right side, but the left is always tugging for me. Well that's brilliant :rolleyes: Thank God if you ever feel the need to upgrade into true IEMs, they all use the better 'Y' cord

So you can put it around the back of your neck.
Don't see the point.... well not for me anyway. To be honest, thinking of selling these now because of this stupid design.

Prefer the standard 'Y' effect :)

A stupid design which I think Sony came up with and everyone else copied. Why? Lots of room for the right side, but the left is always tugging for me. Well that's brilliant :rolleyes: Thank God if you ever feel the need to upgrade into true IEMs, they all use the better 'Y' cord
Seems a pointless design to me, but I am sure it suits some. Of well think I will look for something else now.... and bang these on eBay.

It's a handy design if you run the headphones inside your tshirt you can simply hang the headphones around the back of your neck rather than have them dangling down the front of the tshirt.

It's a handy design if you run the headphones inside your tshirt you can simply hang the headphones around the back of your neck rather than have them dangling down the front of the tshirt.
I suppose its all down to personal preference. If I had known they were designed like this in the first place, I would have stayed clear.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom