1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with Canton CD360F and/or CD300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Phill_1981, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Opinions? Worth the money?

Oh... and some pictures of your setups with these things please... would like to see what they look like in use if a know what I mean.

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

2. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Phil, i have both these.

I only received my CD300's about 2 weeks ago and prior to this i was using CD100's and a CD360F for my fronts.

I had no sub on my system, so once the CD300's went in i noticed much more bass and a "full-ier" feeling to the sound, i'm only talking about movies here cause i don't listen to music enough to compare it.

The CD100's took a while to loosen up (i think it can take up to 160 hours of use) but they got much better as time went on so i presume the CD300's will do the same.

I've no problems recommending the CD360F, the clarity of speech from it in films is excellent. I previously used the MA Silver 10i as centre and it beats this hands down

Here are some pics of the CD300's in as my fronts with CD360F and the second pic shows all the canton speakers, CD50, CD100, CD360F & CD300
    also search for CD300 review under the speaker forum for my pictures of when it arrived i have about 4 or 5 different photos there.

Attached Files:

3. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks, they look superb! :thumbsup:

Now I like my movies loud, how do these handle high volume?

4. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They'll take the power no problem.

my amp is rated at 7 X 100 watt and i've loads of head room with this.

My amps max volume is +12db and I'd listen at -20db when i want it loud for me this is quite loud. As i go towards -10db stuff starts to rattle in my house.

5. Jake James

Jake James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

The CD300 were built as a lifestyle full range floorstanding speaker. I do not know of any other speaker of its type for this kind of money that offers the same performance.

It is classed as a 2 1/2way speaker. the reason it can go as low as 30Hz is due to the fact that all 4 drive units act as bass drivers, this is the equivelant of an 8" drive unit. The top 2 drive units actually act as bass and mid range. and there is a nice 25mm metal dome tweeter. All the drive units are aluminium and are formed in one piece. This is very difficult to do, some manufacturers make aluminium drive units in 2 pieces and glue the voice coil on to the back. this can lead to heat build up then distortion and then a depreciation in sound quality.

You will be able to turn them louder than you can comfortably listen to them, but don't go into distortion levels because this will be your amp failing and this will cause damage to the speakers. apart from that they are pretty bullet proof. :D

if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me

regards

JJ

6. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Anyone else's opinions?

7. Jake James

Jake James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil

try asking 'Mr Dizzy' he has had some CD300, so has 'jeje' but i don't think jeje has received his amp yet, so i don't know if he has had them running yet

regards

JJ

8. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Phil,
    just managed to get my system set up.
    All I have to say, it is amazing, I used to have the AEGO P5 from acoustic energy.it was a good little system for a flat but like movies with loads of surround sound and a dialogue, the center would struggle, the bass was average etc...
    My first movie was Attack of the clones and the CD360f is so clear. it's like watching a different movies.
    The scene when, skywalker/obie wan are chasing the contract killer on those flying cars, there is loads of surround noise and at some point there is like a dialogue where my previous system would struggle.
    well guess what, the CD360f was able to play it like it was meant to be. it was just reproducing every frequencies with no struggle.
    The CD300 are great even for music, I love my bass, and it plays louds and clear !.
    The SUB, the AS300 is a big beast, my windows are shaking and at the beginning of the attack of the clone, when they blow the spaceship, I knew it was gonna happen but I jumped scared...... so sad, but true. :eek:
    Well with the 4 CD310f (which are great) on the back I managed for the first time Dolby D EX.
    I am gonna watch Gladiators or LOTR extended version tonight, I can't wait to go home ! :clap:

9. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    What are the CD310f, I couldn't find any info or pics of them the other day :confused:

10. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    they are the brand new rear speakers from canton.
    Basically it is supposed to match the CD300 and the CD360f :devil:
    They are good and not huge , like 20 cm high.

11. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Well I finaly made an order for a pair of CD300 for the fronts and a pair of CD100 for the rears - should hopefully be delivered this week. (maybe next?)

I will be ordering the CD360F when Canton get stock of it again and then maybe a new canton sub to match.

I will post pics when they arrive.

12. Scuba_doo

Scuba_doo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm pretty clueless here and before i read the massive 45 pages of posts on other page