Anyone with a TIVO and using an all in one remote?

RONGREENY

Can you recommend an all in one remote which will work with TIVO. I will have a Panasonic TV, Samsung DVD/Video recorder and NTL (virgin) Pace STB.

So looking for a device which will reliably operate all of these.

Thanks

agoodey

Can't comment on the NTL/Virgin box, but my Harmony 885 works well with my TiVo, Panasonic TV, and Samsung BD player...

tankstage

Using three TiVo's and a V+ box with a Harmony 895. (had to program the TiVo codes in as the Harmony database only has remote address 0 in it) The V+ uses the same codes as the standard V box.
Also controlled are a Goodmans gtvl42w15hd, a Phillips DVDR, a Centaur Pro scaler/switcher, an Xbox360 and a scart matrix switcher all without any real problems.

Tank

RONGREENY

Believe it or not I got a philips sru9600 from ebay at a good price. (£35) and it works perfectly with TIVO. Pity it doesnt work with anything else mind but I can train it from the original remote when i have the patience!
thanks for the replies.

orange55

I use the Philips TSU9600 to great effect, has all codes and you can set the layout to your needs.

A little more than £35 though!

Mickyfinn

Can you recommend an all in one remote which will work with TIVO. I will have a Panasonic TV, Samsung DVD/Video recorder and NTL (virgin) Pace STB.

So looking for a device which will reliably operate all of these.

Thanks

I have the ONE FOR ALL Kameleon 8 and though I can't say if it will operate TIVO, it controls all my equipment with absolute ease.

I can't really fault this remote, its a design gem, easy to read ( EL display), easy to program using giving codes, and if required, using a learning function which would probably solve your TIVO problem. If all else fails you can use the One For All web site and request any code needed.
I got mine for £50 at Amazon: The best remote I've owned.

MY setup : Sony KDL 40W200, Sony RDR HX1000, Sony DVP NS76H, Sky HD pvr, Topfield TF5800PVR, Denon AVR 2160 and MS genie speakers.:thumbsup:

RONGREENY

Thanks Micky - I have now got a Phillips SRU9600 which is brilliant with TIVO. It learnt my new TV ok but cant train it with my DVD. oh weel only use TIvo and TV mostly anyway!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom