• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone with a Smart Samsung Bluray player

omaragha

Dear Friends,

Quick question,

I want to buy a bluray player with allshare which I beleive samsung offers.

Quick questions regarding them,

1) Can I link the Bluray to a PC via Ethernet and Allshare and therefore play any video content from PC - to Bluray and through Onkyo AMP to Plasma ?

2) Can I connect an external HDD to the Bluray and play Mkv's via HDD to Bluray and then to Plamsa ?

Any help warmly appreciated.

omaragha

Any help, assistance, input, comment and feedback would be welcomed ;-)

omaragha

130 views and not one response ? Dissapointed.com

ArmitageShanks

1) Can I link the Bluray to a PC via Ethernet and Allshare and therefore play any video content from PC - to Bluray and through Onkyo AMP to Plasma ?
Yes - provided the player can handle the codecs used in your files, it will be able to access and play them directly off your PC. Samsung seems to have a good reputation of supporting a broad range of formats from what I know.
2) Can I connect an external HDD to the Bluray and play Mkv's via HDD to Bluray and then to Plamsa ?
Yes, that should work fine. I've certainly played files from a USB flash drive. External HDDs should work too, although on my player you have to attach it to the rear USB port to power it I think. MKV containers are supported as far as I know.

omaragha

Thanks for the response buddy

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom