Anyone with 20Meg Broadband in Cwmbran?

medicmanonet

Hi all,

I am currently with Sky and am thinking of moving to Virgin Media for broadband and TV.:suicide: am I mad????

Anyone here in Cwmbran getting 20 meg speed? What do you think of the service.

I am sort of please with the price of the Sky broad band (£5 for 8meg) but BT ran my phone line to pontypool (10 miles away) and back before connecting it to my house:mad: Damn attenuation is 55 so I only get about 5Meg connection on a good day with a following wind. Short of diging a trench and laying a new line direct to the exchange myself my phone line broadband aint ever going to get better (my exchange is actually less than 2 Kms away so I should get like 16Meg).

What is the VOD like for High Def content? I will get the V+ box so I can use soem HD feed (if any).

hanks for your time.

BTW Virgin says that my area can have 20 Meg cable so whoopeeee.!

welshbhoy

Standard Member
I'm with Virgin 20mb and live in Newport, happy with what I've got. My brother lives in Ty Canol and has a Virgin connection, no probs with him either.

As you can see below the speeds I get are pretty constant, happy with it.

My results, 4th Sept

Todays test and result,

I've got the phone with them too, no TV package, hope that helps you m8.

Just thought I'd point out that when downloading via torrents I hit over 2mb download speed, a whole divx film in a few minutes.

medicmanonet

Hey,

thanks for the reply. Seems like I need to get a deal with Virgin and ditch the sky broadband. 5Mbit is about max I can get on a phone line.

Mind you I will have to pay sky a get out clause I thinks I still have 6 month to go (well £30 aint too bad though).

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom