• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone who's had their PS3 collected for repair...

Koalaboy

Hi,

I'm due to have my PS3 (60GB out of warranty - dead blu-ray drive) colelcted for repair by a courier on behalf of Sony tomorrow (as organised by their support line) and it's just the console that goes back.

I forgot to ask about packing though... whether I just hand the console over, or if it's meant to be in a box, or they supply one with the courier or...

Has anyone else done this, and what did you do ?

Many thanks,

Michael.

Lonely_Warrior

the courier will give you a refurbed ps3 which should be sealed in a box.he will open it infront of you and give you just the console. all he needs in return is your ps3 console. nothing else. no leads, no box etc. make sure you dont leave a game in there or memory card.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I did my doorstep swap last week, and specifically asked Sony what I needed to do with the console to send it back.

I was told to either put it in a plastic bag. Or wrap it in some plastic. No box is needed

I had some Bubble wrap from an old Scan.co.uk order that I wrapped and sellotaped it up with.

The delivery driver comes with his own plastic box with the new one in and opens it and puts in yours.

Make sure you have some scissors at hand as Sony use them Plastic fasteners to seal the box that can only be opened by cutting them off and my delivery driver had no scissors in the van and needed to use mine.

Koalaboy

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

This isn't a swap - they're taking it in for repair, and I'll get it back within 10 days - but I assume the principle is the same (it sounds identical instructions), so I'll wrap it up in old packing plastic (but visible enough so he knows I'm not giving him some bricks).

I'd love for a straight swap, but they obviously weren't feeling very sympathetic, although I'm just happy for a free out-of-warranty repair.

Michael.

MDUK

Standard Member
Hi - my sons PS3 has just gone faulty - keeps powering off. it will be out of warranty as he bought it the day it came out. how do i contact sony to arrange a repair please?

MDUK

Standard Member
Thanks - i found this post as well - got through to sony who were very nice, suggested it was probably the hard drive and have offerred a free of charge replacement.

spirited

Make sure you have some scissors at hand as Sony use them Plastic fasteners to seal the box that can only be opened by cutting them off and my delivery driver had no scissors in the van and needed to use mine.

If it's the white banding you're talking about.. find where the join is. Turn it over. Then peel them apart. Should work 9 times out of 10, no cutting implement necessary.

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom