Anyone wall mounted their 434/504 Pioneer?

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Looking to wall mount a Pioneer 504 on the standard (fixed)Pioneer wall bracket.

Has anyone used this, and if so does anyone have any pictures of the bracket in-situ.

I'm trying to decide the best place to put my fused spur and to bring the media box/plasma connecting cables out of the wall in relation to the bracket?

Also what fixings did everyone use for those installations where the plasma is mounted on a stud (plasterboard) wall.

Thansk

I mounted my 504 on the wall using Unicol bracket and placed the fused spur right in the middle of the bracket.

Is the consensus of opinion that the Unicol wall bracket is superior to the Pioneer unit????

How solid is the UnicoL???

looks very solid to me. I am not saying it is better than the Pioneer one as I did not see the Pioneer's bracket, but the Unicol is very popular here and it has been tried & tested.

Cheers

Emad

would just like a very clean look with no cables - spur will be simpler and will run the cable directly to the IEC connector - so no plu at the wall end to worry about hiding.

would just like a very clean look with no cables - spur will be simpler and will run the cable directly to the IEC connector - so no plug at the wall end to worry about hiding.

The unicol bracket is quite similar to the Pioneer, and just as good, but 1/2 the price or something. For a bit of stamped metal, the pio bracket is overpriced.

Hi all!

New to this forum as I'm about to enter the world of big(ger) home cinema with the impending arrival of some shiny new kit, including a Pio 434.

I'll be very interested if anyone has any more pix of installation on a wall too - I have been browsing the forum and found a couple of "How To..." guides which are useful, but I've not seen any specifically for the Pio.

Excellent forum by the way - some very knowledgeable and helpful people out here!

Cheers!

Anybody know how the AV Sales generic/universal mount compares to the unicol / or original Pioneer unit??

Thanks

i used a unicol 433 bracket for my 434

Originally posted by paxton
I'll be very interested if anyone has any more pix of installation on a wall too - I have been browsing the forum and found a couple of "How To..." guides which are useful, but I've not seen any specifically for the Pio.

Welcome :)

Have a look at this thread There's a few 434/504's in there.

...and yep, we're generally a friendly bunch :D

Thanks very much.

By the way - what's a "fused spur"?:confused:

"i used a unicol 433 bracket for my 434"

Me too, from the same bloke on Ebay I believe :)

I believe that Pioneer have threatened to invalidate warranties on screens which are mounted on non-Pioneer wall brackets and where heat soak is a contributory factor in the fault diagnosis.

Supposedly non-Pioneer brackets can potentially obstruct the airflow from the rear of the unit?

Anyone heard similar ( i know it mentions this in the 434/504 plasma manual) or have views?

Not heard of this one! they're pulling your leg. I'll ask the rep tomorrow, he'll have a laugh, \I very much hope. There is nothing special about the pioneer bracket apart from the price.

The back of the 504 doesn't get very hot anyway so I can't see that heat soak would be an issue.

I'm amazed at the prices people are paying for a couple of pieces of pressed steel for what is holding up nothing heavier than a household radiator.

I've got my 504 on a £70 B-tech bracket which is rated at 70Kg and the 504 is only 38Kg. And I think I paid too much at that!

It's not tilting or anything special but it does what it is designed to do.

Veda, the qed cables agents, do a cheap bracket I've been known to use, it seems fine to me too. Comes up cheaper than unicol, but of course the unicol mount system is modular, once you have a mount, the whole accessory range fits it. I have once or twice fitted the accessories to a non unicol bracket, and the cost saving is immediately swallowed by the labour charge, drilling and threading the holes etc. So if you see any future application for a swing out arm, stand or trolley, multiple mounting positions etc. get the unicol. None of the others are as solidly made, but unicol is clearly overkill on a 42" at least, I have seen some cheaper ones flex with a 50" but never heard of one breaking.

I paid £400 for a pioneer tilting bracket, and although pleased with the results, I still can't believe I forked out that much money just to tilt the screen a few degrees

Made my own with Dexion and a hacksaw. About five quid. What a cheapskate!

Have you seen the universal mount in the powerbuys section?

Cool, I assume it's on the wall then :D :smashin:

JJ

'fraid not - got to route the cables, wire in a spur and then plaster and paint first.

Think it will be a couple of weeks before I'm ready to power it up!:(

Good luck m8, post the pics when done...:smashin:

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom