1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone waiting for an 868 from LE Concepts?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Brogan, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    As the title says really.
    I called them today and they say they haven't received their consignment yet.
    Anyone else waiting for an 868 from them and have they told you when to expect it?

I'm getting a bit impatient now considering I'm waiting for this and the 504HDE. :suicide: :thumbsdow

Then again, without an HDMI cable it's not much use....:rolleyes:
    Nice one Pioneer!

2. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Just me then...

3. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Brogan,

That can' be right. I ordered one from leconcepts on Monday on the basis that it would include a HDMI cable or no deal. They said they had 6 coming on Friday of which 4 were spoken for. They phoned me yesterday to say that the 868's had arrived but minus the HDmi cable, so I cancelled (as I mentioned on another thread yesterday). I was actually quite impressed with the service. Since then the price has gone up £20 and they are showing it still in stock.
    Theyalso said they had up to 10 504's coming in on Friday and offered me one of them. I said phone me when you actually have them in stock and I would think about it. Since then my supllier has told me mine will be with him next week so no problem.

Maybe they were bullcrapping me but it's a weird contradiction from what you report.

Cheers

Simon

4. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Cheers Simon, just called them again and they confirmed they now have them in.
    I'm not impressed at all with their "service".
    I've called them almost every day for the last 2-3 weeks and they promised me they would call me as soon as they came in. :mad:

I have to call back tomorrow to check if accounts have raised the invoice and whether it will be sent out tomorrow or next week. :rolleyes:

I also enquired about the multi-region mod and the guy I spoke to said they would not be modding them and would be sending them out as Region 2 players only.
    If that's the case then I definitely will be cancelling as I was guaranteed the player would be multi-region modded in the shop before despatch to me.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I should cancel and go with a more reputable dealer...

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I am sure Liam @ AV-sales or Joe @ TMF would welcome your order ;)

JJ

6. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It does all sound a bit dodgy. When they put the price up on their website they also inserted confirmation of it's auto region 1-6 status.

Luckily for me my local dealer had one on order which was not spoken for and let me claim it for £800 . Their after sales is superb so I'm happy to wait. Hopefully the infamous HDMI cable will be available by then also.

Have you tried http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/dv868avi/index.htm ? not sure if they are reputable or not though.

Cheers

7. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Well I'll call them tomorrow and if I'm not happy then I'll consider taking my business elsewhere.
    The only reason I went with LE though is because a few of my friends recommended them.
    Go figure.:confused:
    Perhaps they're not happy because I'm getting the amp and plasma from other suppliers?

8. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Well I'm not entirely happy but I am sticking with LE Concepts as I will get my player tomorrow.

They said that they could not honour the price of £749.99 that was quoted to me back in October as it was too aggressive.
    They also had to pay the programmer to enable multi-region and then hinted that the players were very scarce and most other dealers were knocking them out at over £800, basically telling me that if I wanted it I would have to pay the higher price.
    However, they did agree to split the difference between what I was quoted and what is now on the site so I got it for £769.99 which is still a very good price and it is multi region so I won't have to fork out for that.

I couldn't wait until Monday though so I paid an extra £15 to get it before 12 tomorrow :D

Now all I need is the plasma and the elusive HDMI cable...

Woohoo!