1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using XBox to Panny 300 with component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tonytigerrr, Jun 16, 2003.

1. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

just got a new X-Box which looks pretty good connected to my AE300 PJ via advanced scart lead (RGB).

However, I didnt think this was a great improvement on the standard AV composite scart connection which comes with it!!

Is there anybody with the hi-def connection pack and connecting it to an AE300 with component? If so, is it a noticable improvement over the RGB scart connection?

Cheers,
    Tony.

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I doubt it to be honest. Component and RGB are very similar standards-wise. If you were outputting NTSC Prog scan from your xbox (would have to be an American xbox or a chip modded UK one) then you would probably get more benefit from component because you cant do Prog scan over RGB ATM (maybe this will chance with the advent of Pal progressive??).

3. originalbadboy

originalbadboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Personally I just dont think the Xbox has great output full stop. RGB is too dark (way too dark), component addresses this problem, but I find the component image through my 300, to be slightly 'blurry' for want of a better word.

Even with a game using Prog Scan there is still a 'soft' quality to the image.

I also use Gamecube on the 300, and that looks alot better in Prog Scan over RGB, and does not have the 'softness' of the XBOX.

Personally it doesnt really bother me, it still lokks bloody good anyway .........

4. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    ...not to mention the fact that if you play Halo running in either PAL60 or NTSC prog you end up with the image jerking annoyingly a couple of times a second due to a bug in the game code...

Still, Halo is fantastic on a large screen :)