1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using the Packard Bell Audio dream MP3 player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Bristol Pete, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
  2. fdrzrich

fdrzrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    My girlfriend bought me a 512mb one for xmas. I was well pleased as I thought it looked pretty cool. It came with 3 demo songs on it but once I had charged it, it said 'no files' on the display!
    I tried connecting it to my pc, and transferring stuff to it. I could still see the demo files on explorer, but not on the player and I could not get anything to transfer to it!
    Eventually found the Packard Bell forum - http://forum.packardbell.com/en/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=b55f3dc97b71b734409e0cdeb4ff0971

People advised to get the firmware update software and perform a format on the player to get it to work. I tried this and it did indeed enable me to put files onto it, but by now I had had enough, and after secretly wanting an iRiver (why didn't I just tell her that!) I took it back for a refund! Currently waiting for my iRiver H340 to turn up, quite a bit more but I'm paying the difference!

The Packard Bell did sound pretty good, and its very small too, but I wanted the extra storage and less hassle!!

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Yep,

Thats what I was told when I went to buy one. I withdrew from the transaction stating that I was not interested in buying a faulty product from sctratch, irrespective of the fact that a couple of downloads can maybe sort it out.

Cap :)