1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using the ATI X850XT ?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by monkeyleader, Jun 5, 2005.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    ... and care to share some screen shots, or comments. Im about to splash out on a new GFX card and have a budget of around £350 .... I need to stick AGP as my dimension was purchased last year and does not have PCI-e .... any thoughts on this - I was thinking of going for the Sapphire Radeon X850XT Platinum 256MB AGP ..... looking on most of the forums around it seems to be the one at the moment thats leading the pack - yes yes I know this changes on a regular basis but Im wanting to purchase now :)

Any tips / comments mucho appreciated.

ta,

Nige

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    great card played on one and it flies. the thing to remember with it is that Shader model 3.0 will not be available on this card. this is slowly becoming and industry standard and is getting better and more optimised. only have to see Chaos theory or far cry running in 3.0 with HDR against 1.0, the difference in my eye is a country mile. so what im getting at for your money 6800ultra may be the better option in regards to future proofing. id personally hate to splash out £300 odd not to be able to use the latest technology :thumbsup:

3. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    So I ended up going for the X850XT its a bit of a beast ! In 3d mark 2005 I get 5993 which isnt bad but to be honest Im more interested in the games. So first of EverQuest2 - my goodness this looks like a totally new game now ! Complex shaders combined with shadows and high detailed chars - oh my goodness me ! Also took the new airbus A380 out of a spin in FS2004 - ran with lots of clouds and over central london - was getting about 25-30fps and it felt quite smooth, even outside the plane. Going to give it a blast 2nite on Doom3 and Hl2 ... Cant wait ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: