Anyone using SkyQ with an LG OLED

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
I have an 55EC930V and have only ever used a Harmony One remote.. I just upgraded to SkyQ and currently am forced to use their remote until I find another solution and immediately found an annoyance

At the top right of the Sky remote, there is an input select button, which brings up the inputs on the TV.. The problem is, LG need you to press BACK to select or clear this menu, otherwise it just sits there.

I have found that if you change input and wait about 5 seconds, it will change to the new input.. And then if you repeat it, you can go back to the original input (after waiting 5 seconds again), but this is beyond annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so, come up with a workaround? Is there any way to disable this button? And if not, allow the BACK or ENTER key on the TV to be sent?

Jon

I just don't ever use the button and use the magic remote as well as the Sky Q remote.

Yep it is. I tried a Harmony Ultimate remote but couldn't get on with the inability to fully customise things. Wish Philips had continued supporting the Pronto

Yep it is. I tried a Harmony Ultimate remote but couldn't get on with the inability to fully customise things. Wish Philips had continued supporting the Pronto
:) Now you are talking my language.. I loved my Pronto (I had the Marantz version).. But I really liked my Harmony One other than its lack of coloured buttons.. So it always felt like a bodge having to map the colours to unused buttons.

But I was used to it and it did everything I wanted... But now I am back to square one and just going to use the SkyQ remote until I work out what I want...

Many hours spent using Tonto writing macro commands. Still got my Pronto and it still works

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom