Anyone Using Sky Plus?

Suave

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

I am not a Sky subscriber but wish to watch the ICC Cricket World Cup during June. I have been told that one can watch/subscribe to Sky channels on ones computer and that would be fine by me - I have a Macbook Pro so the screen is pretty good. I wish to know if anyone has used Sky-Sports via Sky-Player on a laptop/computer and what the picture size and quality is like? I am presuming it will be high quality and not a small window like the ones in say you-tube! I would be really upset if there are lots of loading/buffering issues and if the picture is choppy all over the place - hardly makes for good cricket watching!

Suave!

Last edited:

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Without a Sky subscription you will not be able to watch Sports channels on Sky Player.

Suave

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I heard it is possible just to subscribe to Sky Player on its own - is that true? (I meant Sky Player in the first place!!)

Suave!

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
You can "enrol" for Sky Player, but you will have to pay for premium content not included in your current Sky subscription.

In answer to your picture quality question - it is as good as BBC i-Player and standalone Freeview USB sticks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom