Anyone using S-Video on Sky+ ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by galewis1, Oct 4, 2004.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi..

I'm using my receiver to control all AV switching and therefore need to use the S-Video output from my Sky+ box. (I have thought about RGB to Component conversion, but not keen on the expense of it right now).

Within Sky+ setup, you can set up output to RGB or PAL (PAL = composite, right?). What about S-Video then? It that option hidden away elsewhere in the menu system?

Thanks

Gary

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    Sky+ boxes have a dedicated S-Video (4 pin) socket which works regardless of the picture set up menu settings.

I connect my Sky+ box to my AV amplifiier (along with everything else) and then connect the amp to the TV.

It works very well, really simplifies things and the picture quality is great.

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I've got a standard digi-box connected to my amp via a JS Tech RGB>YUV converter and a Sky+ box connected via S-Video... If anything the S-Video gives a better picture...

4. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I use S-Video to connect my Sky+ box to my plasma and playing about with the Sky+ settings didn't appear to have any effect.

I'm actually very pleased with the S-Video connection although fast panning ie football and text scrolling across the screen can look a little blurred at times but I'm not sure what the cause of this is.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I'm using the s-video to feed my PC and then via Dscaler onto a 19" LCD monitor, can't compare the signal to a RGB feed but it's look pretty darn good all things considered.

Mind you the video processing Dscaler can do is probably a huge benefit.