1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using NW-HD5/HS taken off EU sound restriction???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by T88, Jun 30, 2005.

1. T88

T88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh, basically i just wanted to find out if anyone else with the player had any problems with taking off the restriction....personally i dont trust using the 'playstation' type cheats on my player as i just got it!!!

2. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a mile long thread on this subject which might explain why nobody has replied yet. It is not a playstation style cheat, although admittedly it seems like one. It is the code Sony engineers use to get into the service menu. All the HD5's sold in all the different parts of the world are all manufactured exactely the same. Units sold in parts of the world where restrictions exist on the level of volume is sold with the Sound Pressure set to On, whilst players sold in parts of the world such as Japan, the US and Australia/New Zealand, where there are no restrictions on the volume, are sold with the Sound Pressure set to Off.

The reason for this is to save cost so that different firmware doesn't have to be installed for each region.

As long as you don't play around with the other settings within the service menu, it is a totally safe procedure. Should you be unhappy you are welcome to change it back.