1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone using myhtpc with theatertek??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by paul1672, Apr 12, 2004.

1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi there.
    just wondering if anyone has been able to use myhtpc as a frontend in conjunction with theatertek?
    if so,would they mind explaining to me how it's done from both the h/drive and the dvd rom drive.
    many thanks in advance
    paul

2. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I WAS using this but Theatertek was stuttering really badly so I'm using ZoomPlayer now.

What do you need to know? it's easy enough to setup, just add a new "Program" section and tell it to run Theatertek with whatever commandline switches you'd like :)

Dave

3. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Using TheaterTek from the DVD drive is straight forward, pop in a disc and away you go. For films which you have backed up to your Hard Drive the set up is a tad more difficult, take a look at this thread from the MyHTPC forum, gives a clear step by step introduction to being able to play DVD from your HD.

Use the system myself and the results are excellent - only problem is when backing up DVD's (I use DVD Decrypter) you only get 18 or 19 DVD's onto a 160 GB Hard Drive :rolleyes: ..........

If you need anymore help with regards backing up DVD's - getting Cover Art or using MyHTPC as your very own jukebox post away.

4. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi there.
    many thanks for the replies.
    i'm currently trying to follow this guide:

http://www.htpcnews.com/main.php?id=mydvd3

and i'm wondering if someone can explain to me in noobie terms how i get the offline movie plug-in to install in myhtpc plug-in folder?
    any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm so close to completing the guide.
    paul

5. Baggy

Baggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Paul,
    Never tried the offline plug-in.
    I use myhtpc with TT and followed the instructions in the "Hints & Tips" on the TheaterTek Forum.
    It's very simple to follow.
    I also use DVD Profiler to give me Cover Art Icons within myhtpc.
    Baggy

6. sofa-spud

sofa-spud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Paul,
    IIRC myOMP does not 'install' itself, you simply extract the zip file contents into the plug-ins folder under Program Files/myHTPC

You just need to set the executable in myHTPC to point to the myOMP.dll (I think)

John

7. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    right,i have given up on the idea of the offline movie list thing and am now trying to get the ripped dvd to play from myhtpc using the hints and tricks method on the theatertek forum.
    i get everything to work except the movie to play from the h/drive.
    i am using dvd decrypter.
    is it important to rip the whole film using file mode or can i just rip the main feature out using ifo mode to get the movie playing using myhtpc as i have been ripping just the movie.
    i have tried everything they recommend but still no joy.
    paul

8. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Paul
    I had no success getting TT to work with MyHTPC using the Hints & Tips method, why I don't know. Ended up using the method which I gave you a link to earlier on - you need to download the 'Audio-Mark' software then set up your HTPC modules as per the thread on the MyHTPC support Forum called Launch HDD Based DVDs using TheaterTek Player give this a go it worked for me when everythig else failed.

Using DVD Decrypter I always rip the whole disc - if I only want the film then I'd use DVD Shrink with no compresion.

PS Have you got the latest Patch for Theater Tek ??

PPS When you click on a film/cover art within MyHTPC does Theater Tek start up with the splash screen - then just hang - if so have you tried pressing 'P' on the keyboard to play it. I've had instances when the film, although it should cue itself up just sits there waiting to be told what to do next.