Anyone using HTPC with Bravia 32"

jammie*dodger

Novice Member
I have this setup and despite downloading powerstrip I still can't resize the screen to include the small sections that the bravia insists on not displaying. Can someone talk me through the settings I need to apply using powerstrip or an alternative solution?

Cheers, Rob.

mikeb71

What graphics card do you have?
If it's an ATI card you can set up custom resolutions with their 'Catalyst' software (mines set at 1216 x 676 and looks fine).

smidster

Standard Member
Have you tried VGA - VGA?

I can't recall the exact detail, but there was a fair amount of discussion on the LCD forum for this specific TV and I read somewhere that it doesn't have 1:1 mapping via the hdmi connection. There's talk elsewhere on the below thread about how you can't give a picture 768 pixels high over the hdmi connection. However the VGA 15pin d-sub connection does give you a perfect 1:1 mapping, straight through without any image processing.
(http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312863

jameson_uk

Novice Member
What model TV do you have?

I have a 32v2000 connected via VGA and it looks fanastic. I have 1:1 mapping at 1360x768 but when I just set the output res to 1360x768 I was getting overscan. Turning of the EDID thing in catalyst sorted that out.

jammie*dodger

Novice Member
The tv is a Sony BRAVIA KDL-V32A12U 32"

The Graphics card is a 256MB NVIDIA 6600 Graphics Card DVI / VGA

I've looked all over the back of the Bravia and if it has a VGA port i'm missing it!

Rob.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom