• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone using Google Apps? Need help syncing FROM Google Apps *TO* Outlook

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Hi all, I've been sucked in to helping a friend's boss. :facepalm:

His company are using Google Apps for Email, Contacts & Calendars.

The issue is this:

Someone has tinkered :rolleyes: and now there's an Outlook issue.

Essentially, if you setup the email account in Outlook as an IMAP account, then you get all of the folders (Labels) that exist in the main GMail account (all visible if you log in via webmail), with all of the correct emails in there, but no calendars/contacts.

So, I ran the Google Apps sync tool and then the calendars and contacts were there. :thumbsup: The additionally created folders (labels) are then shown in Outlook, but there's no mails in there. :thumbsdow

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. :confused:

The Google Apps sync tool seems to be for people who want to sync from Outlook to Google Apps, whereas what I need to do is copy (sync) the online GMail account from Google down to Outlook, as that is all correct in that it has all the calendars, contacts and folders (Labels) with all the mail in the right places.

Any thoughts?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Just a thought, but I wonder if I could set the account as an IMAP account (which shows all the right folders/mails) and then use Google Apps Sync to pull down the Contacts and Calendars for the account?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom