Quantcast

Anyone using cube speakers for Atmos height?

zjm

Novice Member
Hello Fellow members.

Anyone using cube speakers for Atmos height or even overhead? and how do you find them to give a good atmos sound?

I have been contemplating with getting the Cambridge Audio MINX MIN12 to use as atmos. In ceiling is out of the question for me.

This would be for a 5.1.2 setup.

Thanks in advance.

Gasp3621

Here is few guys who has those, you can quote them if needed:

zjm

Novice Member
Thank You Gasp3621 seems we are all in the same boat of trying to keep the wives happy.

Racy Jace

Im using mission mcubes and they're great for Atmos.
15783476776086020112256743925671.jpg

Racy Jace

I just used normal cheap speaker wire as your not going to gain anything with thicker cable. You can get the white Cambridge minx 12 from richer sounds so I'd probably go for those now as they're cheap and you won't have to store a spare sub from buying another 5.1 system.

I used the D-line micro ducting to hide the wires.
15786755941722538361758061510410.jpg
15786756363151953596561414284627.jpg

Racy Jace

1578675739582283053256659160425.jpg

Racy Jace

I know the positioning isn't perfect for Atmos but I can hide the wires so much better.

The Atmos demos sound great but I havnt noticed much Atmos content thats been mixed well. Only things like mad Max intro,. Kong skull Island and especially The great wall where the beasts are above your head. They sound great.

brodders1979

Standard Member
£150 for the 5.1 package at Peter tyson atm.

Davekale86

IMG_20200105_223411.jpg

I'm using the Cambridge Audio Minx M12 for front height setup right they sound great, not the ideal placement going by Dolby standards but the really do open up the front sound stage get them only 39 quid each you know you want to haha

Smiffy 2

I'm using the Minx 12's as Atmos heights. Mounted similarly to Dave's (above) and they are fine. As he states, they do open up the front sound stage. £39.00 each they're a bit of a steal. I'm also using the Minx wallmounts, very unobtrusive and a doddle to set up....
Cambridge Audio MINX 400M (Black)

Davekale86

I'm using the Minx 12's as Atmos heights. Mounted similarly to Dave's (above) and they are fine. As he states, they do open up the front sound stage. £39.00 each they're a bit of a steal. I'm also using the Minx wallmounts, very unobtrusive and a doddle to set up....
Cambridge Audio MINX 400M (Black)
Very happy that I got some find myself rewatchung films in Atmos now haha sounded a bit funny at first but ran the auto cal on my AVR and sound good now, like most people don't really have the patience or time to install above, I too have the wall mounts, only wish they came with screws but for 14 quid you can't complain, how are you finding Atmos?

Smiffy 2

Fine, although it's a lot more noticeable on some films than others

Smiffy 2

Haven't got that one, didn't fancy it 🤔🤔🤔

Davekale86

Haven't got that one, didn't fancy it 🤔🤔🤔
If you like the original Blade Runner you'll like the sequel, some may say it's too long but it adds to the finale, an absolute beast of a native 4k picture and a cracking Atmos soundtrack that will definitely pee off the neighbours, overall a great demo disc