1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using a Pro-V with the Z1?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by retrof, Dec 20, 2002.

1. retrof

retrof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is using a Pro-V with the Sanyo Z1? - I'm likely going to order my Z1 in the new year, but want to hold off on getting a PAL/NTSC progressive scan player until prices drop. So, I figure I'll stick with my current non-progressive player and Laserdisc player for now, but I suspect I'll not be happy with S-Video quality...

So, anyone used the Pro-V with this one? - I figure it might be a pretty good stop-gap solution, and something that I would certainly re-use in the future perhaps for TV viewing once I get a progressive scan player. Any opinions/experiences?

Cheers,
    rf

2. nphnet

nphnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought the ProV with the projector and found that there is an improvement in picture, less flicker, although SVideo is very good IMHO. The reason I wanted the ProV was 3 fold. 1 I wanted a single cable running to the PJ, 2 I wanted to be able to hook my laptop up using the single cable, and 3 I wanted to use the ProV tuner when Tivo is recording from sky and there is something I wanted to watch on terrestrial TV as i have now removed my VHS video from the loop. All in all for the money a very worthwhile purchase.

Nick.

3. Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been put off the ProV so far as it will only output 4:3 resolutions (ie 800x600). As I have a Z1 I am looking for a scaler of a simalar price that can output 16:9 resolutions (ie 964x544) to match my units LCD panels.

There must a 16:9 version coming soon, seeing as how there a lot more native 16:9 projectors arround now. But does this really matter? Am I putting it off for the wrong reasons? Will a 800x600 resolution piped into my Z1 give the same/similar results as a 964x522 resolution?

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    you're putting it off for the wrong reason :)

There is a new scaler, available from av-sales, which outputs 16:9, but it is much more than the proV. If you can wait, there should be impressions of this newer scaler in the next few weeks, then you can make the call on whether its worth it or not.