1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using a Panasonic PWD6 with a Pioneer 565?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GAmbrose, Mar 16, 2004.

1. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Have just purchased this DVD player and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if anyone has this combination already and can tell me if the NTSC progressive scan from the DVD Player is much of an improvment over a standard interlaced picture?

Gary A

2. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Ah well, It's arrived today but I won't be able to set it up till after work.

I think i've made a bit of a balls up though, Reading the manual I notice that if you use the Component Inputs and select Progressive scan, then PAL output is switched off and instead the player will convert all PAL signals to NTSC.

Now, I thought this would have a negative impact on picture quality for Region 2 discs, but I also know that the Panny 6 can't display PAL resolution anyway and I presume had some internal convertor.

Will I be blissfully unaware of any difference, or is it concievable that the PAL -> NTSC conversion of the DVD player will be worse than the Panny 6's?

Or am I talking cobblers?

Gary A

3. OB1

OB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Mr GAmbrose,

Sorry for english is poor as i am from betrute original.

endure the NTSC signal as much as possible threw the television. Test the component by switch the scart threw the television and sure for the pal signal not to change.

make for great pleasure the changes will ring. I'm sure you will be unstuck!

hope i help you to make this problem good.

:)

4. OB1

OB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have forgot one thing. For you to see colour make sure to use SCART lead.

ty

:D

5. Dom996

Dom996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    That sounds about right.