Anyone using a miniDSP 2x4 for your Sub/s

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
Anyone using a miniDSP to help EQ your Sub/s ?

I’d appreciate any info you can share on before & after results.

And how would the 2x4 compare to say an Anti-Mode ?

Cheers

Yeh, only to B'EQ though :laugh:

have one sitting on a shelf, still waiting on the driver for my second sub to be delivered .was toying with using it for one but didn't fancy redoing everything, so should be tackling it within the next 10 days or so if the delivery estimate is accurate

have one sitting on a shelf, still waiting on the driver for my second sub to be delivered .was toying with using it for one but didn't fancy redoing everything, so should be tackling it within the next 10 days or so if the delivery estimate is accurate

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with it. I hope I can last 10 days or so before making some sort of decision. :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with it. I hope I can last 10 days or so before making some sort of decision. :rolleyes:

Mine will be here tomorrow. Will hopefully have in installed over the weekend.

Yup

Before:

cElVXdm.png

After:

vKcycPq.png

Quick question for you folks.

Is there any 'thump' if you power up the MiniDSP *after* the sub is on? Or if you power it off with the sub on.

By power on/off I mean essentially plugging in the power lead.

I'm contemplating one but the power would be automatically switched on after all the other kit has fired up and don't want a loud pop to scare the kids (or me).

Ta.

this looks a tremendous improvement if you can get through the rigamarole of setup- surely there is a market for a subwoofer 'calibration' expert to come and do it for us!

I think I’m leaning and leaning, and leaning even further toward the miniDSP. Would love to see what it can do to tweak my subs even further.

presume you went for the hd version?

Haven't tried an anti-mode

I used MSO, which is frankly magic in the way it works out the best way to get a flat line with multiple subs :)

Let me know if you’re ever near me!! I’ve got a nice coffee machine that does all sorts of fancy stuff.....my Mrs always has biscuits in the cupboard as well :D:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom