1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using a HTPC with an Sony HS-1

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gavin_Hall, May 29, 2002.

1. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi guys

Is there anybody out in HTPC land using their HTPC with a Sony HS-1 Cineza? I am interested in finding out the best screen settings for this projector.

I have made my own Multi-PJ connector to VGA cable from the freebie supplied with the projector. It works fine from a laptop, but for some reason I am getting terrible interference from a desktop machine, any ideas?

Unfortunately my latop doesn't have a DVD player within it, so I can't test out my settings properly. The desktop machine which does have the player, causes all sorts of interferance on the cable, lots of faint wavy lines across the image. These change apperance as I change the refresh rates, I guess this must be due to some sort of electrical interference.

cheers

Gavin

2. mikzip

mikzip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gavin

Will yoy please post the diagrams or explain how yoy made the Multi-PJ connector to VGA cable from the freebie supplied with the projector.

The original cable is simple to expensive where i live.(Greenland)

If it works i will post my result from my soon to be HCPC.

Cheers

Mikkel

3. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Mikkel,

Take a look at the following threads, they should tell you all you need to know. Elche99's diagram is the one you want to use, it is the one I used to create my VGA multi-pj.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36290

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29870

On the PC side, I used the following pins on the VGA connector:-

1 = Red
    2= Green
    3= Blue
    6= Red Ground
    7= Green ground
    8= blue ground
    13=H sync
    10=Sync ground
    14=V Sync

These all mapped to pins on the multi-pj. As per Elche99's instructions use any Ground on the multi-pj except pin 29. The other grounds are all linked together.

I can tell you now it is a very fiddley job, you will need a lot of patience :) !!

Have fun,

Gavin